News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oil pressure gauge does not work

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, August 07, 2011, 05:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

My gauge is not working at all. It is the stock 68 gauge in the cluster. I have grounded the wire at the sending unit and I get zero on the gauge. Is there another "half step" before concluding the gauge is bad?

Thanks

Lawrence

macca3441

If the wire from the sender to the gauge is open-circuit (broken, cut, or bad connector) then shorting it to ground wont show a reading!
You will have to get to the back of the gauge, and check it there!
If it shows no reading then, the gauge is shot. If it does show a reading then, the wire is open-circuit to the sender!

Wade

A383Wing

make sure yer pins on the circuit board are good and making contact...and also make sure the nuts holding the gauge to board are tight as well

after that, OHM out the gauge across the 2 terminals and see if there is continuity...I think should be about 21 ohms

Sixt8Chrgr

I just had the cluster out ,cleaned everything, and replaced bulbs etc. When i re-installed the cluster everything worked then the gauge started acting weird...sweeping across the face of the gauge then finally the gauge does not move now. I may just hook up another and put it under the dash. I will replace it or rebuild when I have the cluster out next.
I don't remember the plugs for the oil pressure gauge? Anyone have a picture?

Thanks

Chryco Psycho

you should have a pulsing 5v feed to the sender wire if the guage is working , easy to test with an ammeter , if there is no reading test at the guage if there is a 5 v reading one side & not the other the gauge is bad , if there is no 5 v reading either side check the pins on the circuit board , there easily brack off & disconnect

Sixt8Chrgr

Thanks guys...wish I would have tightened up those nuts when I had the cluster out :brickwall: