News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trouble starting

Started by BubbaDuke, August 02, 2011, 08:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbaDuke

This spring when I went to start my car, I had a hell of a time getting it to run.  When I did finally get it started it ran like crap.  I talked to a few of you fine folks on the forum to see what could be the matter and It was concluded that I forgot to put stabilizer in my gas, so it was a bad gas problem.  Once I got the good gas in it it started to run pretty darn good.  The only problem now is that when I shut it off and try to restart it is a pain, usually resulting in me killing the battery.  Any suggestions of what to do. I've thought of replacing the fuel filter, then maybe get a carb kit, but if there could be anything else that can be done im open to it. 

THANKS
Lets Ride....

Chryco Psycho

I would start with a carb kit & new plugs , check the ign system , wires coil etc

BubbaDuke

Little extra info on my problem.  I failed to mention that when I try starting it, I sometimes get a puff of smoke out of my carb.  Is this a timing issue, or bad plugs?  I also noticed that my "Distributor  Point" is real small, or wore out, could this be the problem also?  Sorry for the dumb questions, but im still a novice here.  Thanks again.
Lets Ride....