News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got some Crappy News Folks!!

Started by Red Kilby, August 05, 2011, 11:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Kilby

Hi everyone, I know that I have not been on here in a long time, and sorry that my 1st post in a long time is a BAD ONE, but just thought my friends would like to know what's been going on with me since April 10th, 2011.
Well I have been thru 5 /5day rounds of CHEMO so far, and spent 9 weeks in the hospital since April,  I have Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, Blood Cancer. The only thing I can say is I don't wish this on my worst enemy.
I might have to have a Bone Marrow Transplant, it is still up in the air as of this posting, the chemo might be taking care of the problem?? We shall see??
So I don't know how many of you folks out there send up a little Prayer once in awile, but if you would not mind I sure could use a few right about now.   I Know I am gonna Beat this Crap, that's a Promise!!!! It's just Real Tough!!! Thanks so much, Red Kilby

P.S. By the way my wife Linda of 24 years is handling this like a ROCK, She is my Rock!!! I just Thank God I have her thru this time.

twodko

Best wishes and prayers for your speedy recovery. You Go Red Kilby wife!!!!! God knows its tough, my wife has Fahr's syndrome. I can relateto difficulty. Reading between the lines of your post I believe you and your wife are ass kickers and name takers.....both of you will come out of this on top. I've already made the request.  :yesnod:  God bless.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Brock Samson

What can one say except we care.  :-\ 

charge69

Well ,I don't know you or twodko but,  you both have a heavy burden to bear and I will be praying for a positive outcome for both of you. Leukemia can be such a hard disease to fight as it comes at you from all fronts and is very frustrating to deal with. My wife's Stepfather lost a battle to leukemia, found quite by accident, back about 1974 and she still talks about him. God bless your wife for giving you the strength to deal with this.

twodko, dealing with a later-in-life genetic disorder like Fahr's has got to be very hard and you will definitely be included!

Both of you hang in there and prayers sent.

tan top

awww no , sorry to hear this Red ,   best wishes & hope every thing goes ok  & you make a speedy recovery  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Chryco Psycho

Look up Hydrazine Sulphate
if you can get some it should help you
you are in my prayers
neil

nvrbdn

you will be in our thoughts and prayers. hang in there. a positive attitude goes a long way :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bull

Wow, sorry about the bad news. Prayers are on the way.

hemi68charger

Hey Red..
Kim and I will say a prayer for you and as well put it in our Church's 2-by2 prayer request. The staff there pray over every request 2-by-2.

God speed.. Take care good buddy.............  Thanks for letting us hear about you. We often think about you.................

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Chad L. Magee

Red-  Hard to believe that five years have passed since the Jeff City TDC meet where I saw you last!  I will keep you in my prayers to get better.  One thing is not to ever give up hope, even when it seems hopeless.  That can be hard to do sometimes, but is so important to helping your body fight on to survive.  My father taught me that lesson in dealing with his COPD issues before he passed on....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Magnumcharger

Sorry to hear of your cancer Red.
I'm hoping that the chemo treatments help in your fight against this terrible situation.

A friend of mine, Mike Alexander, (of the Alexander Brothers) is undergoing treatment for the same thing, so I'm up to speed on what needs to be done.
Mike has been getting some experimental treatments from a hospital in Detroit that has proven to have some profound effects.

There is always hope, and the proven power of having a positive attitude.

And prayers are a good thing too.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

Tilar

I can definitley say a prayer for both of you.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mpdlawdog

Just sent you one up!!!  I'm on the national bone marrow donor list...maybe we will match up if it comes to that...my chiefs grandson had the same thing.  He is doing great and back to playing football....hang in there!
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

bobs66440

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!  :2thumbs:

FlatbackFanatic

your in our thoughts, and hope you have a healthy recovery..
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT

You are in my prayers Red, and I wish you a speedy recovery. God Bless.

BrianShaughnessy

You'll beat it!  :2thumbs:  Best of luck with a speedy recovery! 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

400/6/PAC

The70RT

Sorry to hear this. Prayer sent,  hang in there.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

200MPH

Charger

71green go

All my Prayers for you tonight also.......I know all to well what dealing with disease is like
god bless
Steve

vancamp

Prayers sent your way best wishes.