News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stuart, You Troublemaker! Now Look What You've Done.

Started by Aero426, August 04, 2011, 07:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Stuart, when are you going to get a Superbird with a roof like the rest of us?     How dare you tick off an honorable journalist like Ed Hinton trying to get his beauty sleep at the Wingate?   Ed rarely has anything nice to say, but now we're on his list too.   :lol:    Turns out that Ed was the gentleman yelling out the window at you and Rick when you put your top up.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/6820961/nascar-magic-indianapolis-motor-speedway-eroding-more-year

"This year they threw in a big muscle-car conclave and show -- including all those antiquated winged Chargers and Plymouth Superbirds from NASCAR circa 1970 -- down near the fourth turn. Local hotel parking lots were turned into hot rod shops each evening."

thedodgeboys

From the sounds of this story Indy needs NA$CAR more than na$car needs Indy  :coolgleamA:

Way to go Stuart  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

RECHRGD

I knew Stuart was trouble the moment I met him.....   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

A383Wing

Mopurr

Before y'all go off on a really crazy insult of the author I want to say this.....

Yes, he comes across as a jerk in over reacting.   He may even be one most of the time.

searches on the internet can possibly bring this thread up to the general public......this is not private what you write here.

and when you find the article page on Ed Hinton on espn.com about 3 articles below the one above you will find that his wife of 28 yrs passed away from cancer the middle of June and it seems that Indy was the first coverage he has done since then.

So be polite and respectful that there was an extreme amt. of baggage in this man's life in the last few weeks.

so just my  :Twocents:

41husk

I don't think a bird with a roof will help Stuart :nana: Im glad that guy wasn't at the Collinsville hotel with the burn out contest in the parking lot during Monster Mopar.  Maybe I have low standards, but I thought our group was very polite and well behaved.  Including  :cheers: Stuart :2thumbs: My dad is an MG guy, who often refers to the superbirds as Big Birds (not on purpose or to be funny), and he had a blast as well!!!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Mopurr

Allen, I thought the group was well behaved and even spoke with Mr. Hinton when he was complaining at the hotel, he seems to be the type that gets upset easily.  He actually said cars were coming in late and revving their motors and in the morning everyone was out there revving the motors and making lots of noise.   But I guess little ole' Stuart makes so much noise with his car that the guy thinks everyone was doing it.

I didn't realize that the birdable makes so much noise that someone thinks there are 50 cars out there revving their motors.

The guy at the hotel desk said that he was the only person that had made a complaint about the cars and he had even witnessed the man yelling out the window at the convertible running putting it's top down and he said it wasn't that loud.

BigBlockSam

Stuart your getting in trouble, and you don't even do burnouts  :slap:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

held1823

hinton has covered the indy 500 long enough that he should remember the snakepit and all of its folly. i assure you NOTHING at the hotel could come close to comparing to that circus which took place every may.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

pettybird

That guy came across as a total asshole at the hotel, and again in that article.  I was there for the rant and it was far from coherent.  I'm sorry about his wife, but him shouting about how we were driving around in our trucks with marine and army stickers on them, and how we'd get our asses kicked by real troops, etc etc etc, was just weird.  Hell--it wasn't even that late. 

He didn't politely ask to keep the noise down, or do anything else approaching rational.  He did everything but call in the national guard on us.  I think ESPN should definitely think twice before sending this nutball to cover another NASCAR event.

Mopurr

you do really have to find it odd that he goes to Nascar races because, I really think that he thinks he is superior to the "common Man"

DodgeByDave

Quote from: held1823 on August 04, 2011, 09:04:48 PM
hinton has covered the indy 500 long enough that he should remember the snakepit and all of its folly. i assure you NOTHING at the hotel could come close to comparing to that circus which took place every may.

I live a 5 minute walk from the Speedway. Nothing at the Hotel comes close to the Night Before the (insert name of race here) in The Coke Lot. This piece of turf might be next door to a Coca Cola plant, but that isn't the plant it's named after.

Ed Hinton is an ancient Prima Dona that THINKS he's an insider. On more than one occasion an IICS team has started rumors to watch Ed fly about in full "headless chicken" mode. Yes, Ed is that 13yo kid that we all loved to leave stranded at the mall.

I don't agree. I saw the Birdable, with a top on it (was leaving Sam's club fri eve after drooling on a B5 C500). It does have a top. I haven't seen it in person with the top down (so therefor the top has to be fake).

Wait, if the top is fake, then it can't really be there, can it. I think I see the source of Ed's confusion.

He is forgetting all about "The Split", so therefor it never happened. The birdables top going up and down on a car that was never a convertible to begin with.

We can still smell the plastic burning from Ed's brain meltdown over the outhouses here on the westside.
III, we are everywhere

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on August 04, 2011, 09:35:55 PM
  He did everything but call in the national guard on us. 

Hell, I was already there..... He should have called on good ole' TSgt. Hawkes....... I would have gotten to him quickly in my Daytona... I would have honked the horn a couple of times to let him know I was there.....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70Sbird

That Stuart, What a Rebel!
But I would have expected nothing less than this type of bad behavior from die-hard NASCAR Hooligan like Stuart, he's even a Jeff Gordon fan - Stuart was seen wearing his favorite drivers #24 sunglasses at the track! I guess this one Bad apple is spoiling it for the rest of us!

:nana:

Scott Faulkner

ACUDANUT

That guy on the far right looks really stoned.  :smilielol:

pettybird

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 05, 2011, 07:28:42 AM
Quote from: pettybird on August 04, 2011, 09:35:55 PM
  He did everything but call in the national guard on us. 

Hell, I was already there..... He should have called on good ole' TSgt. Hawkes.......

I think he would have spontaneously combusted from the irony. 

Aero426

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 05, 2011, 08:56:58 AM
That guy on the far right looks really stoned.  :smilielol:

Try heat exhaustion.   It was "pour you out of your clothes" hot.

moparstuart

:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:   you know it my favorite past time  .  

Ed should not get so tanked up at night and scream at people out his hotel window   :icon_smile_big:

Scott thanks for showing off your great photo shopping skills again , jeff gordon over my dead body   :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 04, 2011, 08:33:14 PM
Stuart your getting in trouble, and you don't even do burnouts  :slap:
I know i'm not the quietest guy , in person ,but i do fine it funny that I got singled out and I wont even do a burn out in my car .  Rene has been harassing me for years to do one in the birdible .   :shruggy:

Troy

So I actually looked at the article and it's obvious from the opening paragraph that the author was looking for reasons to hate the whole ordeal (even more than he already did). Seriously, who in their right mind would send that guy to cover a NASCAR race? Especially at Indy? Or is it his job as "blogger" to stir the pot?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

Quote from: Troy on August 05, 2011, 11:29:47 AM
So I actually looked at the article and it's obvious from the opening paragraph that the author was looking for reasons to hate the whole ordeal (even more than he already did). Seriously, who in their right mind would send that guy to cover a NASCAR race? Especially at Indy? Or is it his job as "blogger" to stir the pot?

Troy

It was actually good rick was there with me , because Ed was putting down anything and everyone he could offend trying to get a rise out of me .  I almost snapped and said some stuff i shouldnt ,but rick was talking to him a mile a minute so i just walked away .  The desk clerk from the hotel did apologize to me for the drunken tirade of there guest .

doug ( petty bird) may have brought out the Hot Rod shop comment when he changed out a caliper . ?  who know with this guy .  I almost wish we would have had to change out a tranny or clutch in the parking lot like in years past .   :smilielol:

Aero426

Stuart, without a word, you should have just sent Rick up to his Ed's room to share the story about filling in his pool and getting the backhoe picked up.   As you know, Rick is never at a loss for conversation. 

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on August 05, 2011, 12:41:37 PM
Stuart, without a word, you should have just sent Rick up to his Ed's room to share the story about filling in his pool and getting the backhoe picked up.   As you know, Rick is never at a loss for conversation. 
classic    :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

pettybird

did any of you guys hear that rick has a lifetime warranty on his battery?

or that he repairs and sells pallets?

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on August 05, 2011, 01:33:24 PM
did any of you guys hear that rick has a lifetime warranty on his battery?

or that he repairs and sells pallets?

he has had that lifetime warranty for years and used it several times  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

41husk

Quote from: moparstuart on August 05, 2011, 10:43:45 AM
:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:   you know it my favorite past time  .  

Ed should not get so tanked up at night and scream at people out his hotel window   :icon_smile_big:

Scott thanks for showing off your great photo shopping skills again , jeff gordon over my dead body   :nana:

Stuart that is some real good photo shopping!!!! I got your back.  I never saw you with #24 glasses or #24 glasses with the #24 shaved off :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on August 05, 2011, 07:38:01 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 05, 2011, 10:43:45 AM

Stuart that is some real good photo shopping!!!! I got your back.  I never saw you with #24 glasses or #24 glasses with the #24 shaved off :cheers:
true friend right their   alan is a true friend    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

A383Wing

I think most here are troublemakers.....but Stuart is the head guy.....we all follow his example

dreamcatcher

Stu, Thanks for holding up the red neck end in my absence...I would have done a burn out all right...in my dodge 1 ton with dual stacks no mufflers and a 500 HP diesel  :nana: She can burn them for a block...  :coolgleamA:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

BigBlockSam

my v10 dually does a hell of a four tire burnout  :drive:

dreamcatcher

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 06, 2011, 11:44:05 PM
my v10 dually does a hell of a four tire burnout  :drive:
Yeah mine is a dually as well 2000 cummins...with a 135 horse super chip,75 HP stage 1 injectors ,K&N cold air intake and a 5 speed...she rocks the world when you get on it...wonderful tow machine...But really shame on Stuart  :spank: If this guy thinks NASCAR isn't popular he must be living on Mars...it is so much more exciting than those girly formula cars..  :Twocents:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!