News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

eBay fees? Final value on SHIPPING now?

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, August 02, 2011, 04:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

WTF is up with eBay & their final auction fees?   They now charge you a fee on the shipping charge?   :RantExplode:

I havent sold anything of value for a while on eBay.  Recently sold my AVS for $425.....lets do the math....

$425.00 sale price
-   6.75 reserve auction listing fee
- 38.25 Final Value Fee
-   2.00 Final Value Fee on Shipping
- 13.27 PayPal fee
$364.73 to me.....not enough now to buy my steel wheels!!!

rant off!!!!!!!   :-\
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

terrible one

Yep, this is why I don't sell on Ebay anymore, especially smaller items. I've also noticed a lot of the true "used parts" sellers/ small guys on there are dwindling. I do buy things on there from time to time, but it's really a buyers world on there now. Sellers can't even leave negative feedback!  :brickwall:

bull

Quote from: terrible one on August 02, 2011, 04:55:57 PM
Sellers can't even leave negative feedback!  :brickwall:

The only negative feedback I ever got was by a seller who took 33 days to ship a t-shirt to me. I sent two emails prior to that asking what was going on, but they were never answered. So I left negative feedback and what happened? The seller took revenge and gave me negative feedback in return, just because he could. So I had to fight just to get the feedback withdrawn so I could save my own reputation. He didn't care. When you make 50 transactions a day one neg feedback doesn't do anything. But guys like me, who only buy or sell a couple things a month, a negative feedback can screw things up.

Brock Lee

A seller left you a negative? That had to be a while ago.

You know what else they are starting to do? If someone files a complaint and wants a refund, they lock the money up, have the buyer print off a postage paid label to return the item, then hit the seller for the shipping and return 100% of the money to the buyer. No less shipping, no restocking fees, just a clean 100% refund + return shipping charges.

Musicman

Yes, I have to agree... eRape has gotten to big, and now they've simply gotten out of hand. Plenty of start up sites out there have attempted to break up the eBay monopoly, Bid Motors etc..., but no one is supporting them. eRape anyone...

resq302

Chris, didn't you just put new trim rings on those rims two or three years ago?  Why the sudden change to steelies?  Or are you getting bias ply tires now too?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

terrible one

Quote from: bull on August 02, 2011, 05:45:45 PM
Quote from: terrible one on August 02, 2011, 04:55:57 PM
Sellers can't even leave negative feedback!  :brickwall:

The only negative feedback I ever got was by a seller who took 33 days to ship a t-shirt to me. I sent two emails prior to that asking what was going on, but they were never answered. So I left negative feedback and what happened? The seller took revenge and gave me negative feedback in return, just because he could. So I had to fight just to get the feedback withdrawn so I could save my own reputation. He didn't care. When you make 50 transactions a day one neg feedback doesn't do anything. But guys like me, who only buy or sell a couple things a month, a negative feedback can screw things up.

And I, as a seller, sold an item and was left negative feedback as soon as the buyer received the item because it supposedly "didn't work." No contact to me to try and resolve it or anything. My 100% feedback score ruined and I wasn't even given a chance to resolve the issue, then I can't leave anything but positive feedback for a buyer who didn't even contact me to tell me they had an issue that they might not have really had? No matter which end you get, the shaft still isn't any fun . . .

AKcharger

I'll never sell on ebay again. my horror story is we sold some items and one guy thought shipping was too much and left negative feedback (even though the shipping price was posted before purchase!) my wife responded and he called us a liar and stuff...BUT then we noticed all 7 of our other items up for sale were bid on by another bidder. We were happy at first but something didn't smell right so we canx them.

SOOOOO, reported all this to e-bay and they confirmed that it was the same guy by his IP address...he was out to bid on our stuff and flame our feedback. What did e-bay do? NOTHING
- when confronted with the fact the seller gave us negative not for a fault or mistake but he just didn't like it...NOTHING
- When shown that the buyer has a proven history of belligerence, leaving negative feedback for 5 out of his 8 last purchases...NOTHING
- when proven he violated ebay policy's and created a "ghost account" with the clear intention of doing our feedback harm...NOTHING

Well, I shouldn't say nothing. We did get several auto-responses saying that feedback is best left between individuals and I should convince the buyer to remove the negative, which is still one our account though buried a bit.

I'd rather cut Rosy O'donalds toe nails than sell on E-bay again....@#$%^'s!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: resq302 on August 02, 2011, 09:04:10 PM
Chris, didn't you just put new trim rings on those rims two or three years ago?  Why the sudden change to steelies?  Or are you getting bias ply tires now too?

Meh....just something else to spend $$ on...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 03, 2011, 05:40:52 AM
Quote from: resq302 on August 02, 2011, 09:04:10 PM

Meh....just something else to spend $$ on...

Meh? Where did that word come from? Can't we start pish posh or balderdash again?

bill440rt

Chris, seeing that is horrible.  :flame: :flame:

The FVF on shipping started sometime around mid-July I believe. They touted it as a great sales tool in aiding sellers to lower their shipping costs which would appeal more to buyers, somehow increasing their sales. However, it's just another obvious huge price increase not so cleverly disguised on eBay's part. Simply ridiculous.

I also used to sell many parts & stuff on eBay, however like many others it's dwindled to only a few things here & there. I'm considering stopping altogether. In another month I'm going to disable my Auctiva account completely. Why bother with the added cost of that, too?
Like terrible one has mentioned, there are hardly any more "mom & pop's" on eBay selling stuff. It's all becoming big businesses. Do a search for Charger stuff & you'll mostly find either brand-new repro stuff or knick-knack crap. Ebay is becoming it's own demise by straying so far from what it once was.
I much rather post things on the forums, or Craigslist once in a while. It's a win-win for both buyer/seller, and less hands in the melting pot.

Good luck on the wheels, bro. BTW, someone is gonna have to apply some orange paint, no??  :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

oldcarnut

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 02, 2011, 04:41:30 PM
WTF is up with eBay & their final auction fees?   They now charge you a fee on the shipping charge?   :RantExplode:

I havent sold anything of value for a while on eBay.  Recently sold my AVS for $425.....lets do the math....

$425.00 sale price
-   6.75 reserve auction listing fee
- 38.25 Final Value Fee
-   2.00 Final Value Fee on Shipping
- 13.27 PayPal fee
$364.73 to me.....not enough now to buy my steel wheels!!!

rant off!!!!!!!   :-\
I hate having to accept Paypal just so they can gig you more fees.  Paypal's been charging fees on your shipping as its part of the "received" funds for as long as I've had it.  I have a store on it that I try and sell some industrial parts on it from time to time.  Sometimes the parts are cheap but weigh a bunch or take a big box.  Heck , the Coronet tail panel I just sold for $16 took $25 to ship it because of 7" over the length.  There are ways to list without paying the shipping fee in the FVF.

MoparManJim

Heck, I haven't used eBay for over a year now. Ever sense they started to hit people with there stupid Paypal 21 day hold crap last year, me and quite afew others stop selling on eBay. Heck, I don't even accept PayPal anymore either. Only postal money orders now from the post offices  :yesnod: 

Chris, that sucks at what they did to you on your sale man.   

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

my73charger

I can't believe that someone has not created a similar web service with decent fees.  I think the first person that does will see a huge migration of users converting.  Probably make someone very rich.

greenpigs

Wensy is trying but now you need to be registered to do a search...so screw using them.

I put up with Ebays crap but someone else will step up and do it right again, just too much money to be made.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bill440rt on August 03, 2011, 02:25:03 PM

Good luck on the wheels, bro. BTW, someone is gonna have to apply some orange paint, no??  :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Why yes, yes they are.  Still a bit on the fence though...all depends on how the caps come out! ;)  Thanks!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MoparManJim

Quote from: my73charger on August 04, 2011, 08:52:29 AM
I can't believe that someone has not created a similar web service with decent fees.  I think the first person that does will see a huge migration of users converting.  Probably make someone very rich.

www.boocoo.com

Nacho-RT74

once we got a mopar auction website try... but you can imagine how much would be the items priced on a JUST MOPAR world ? :nono:

was called in fact www.moparauction.com. It was maybe 7 or 8 years ago? :shruggy:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: MoparManJim on August 05, 2011, 03:17:32 PM
Quote from: my73charger on August 04, 2011, 08:52:29 AM

www.boocoo.com

not alowed for non US members
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html