News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4spd hump

Started by bakerhillpins, July 05, 2011, 07:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

I thought that the 4spd hump was tacked to the auto floor and a hole was cut out of the floor for the shift parts on all 2nd gen Chargers. Yet I see a photo of a supposed 69 4spd that shows what looks like a cleanly stamped 4spd hump. The cut pic is of a 383 and the smooth is of a 440 car. On the 440 car it's difficult to see the 4spd bracing that is near the brake master, on the 383 car it does appear to be there.

Am I mistaken (very likely) or did this depend upon the assembly plant or build date or ?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

az69rtcharger

bull

Most likely the owner trimmed the edge off the floor and cleaned it up. It wouldn't be a difficult thing to do with the tranny out.

bakerhillpins

Supposedly a freshly dipped all original sheet metal car, which is why I ask.

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Richard Cranium

Come on, it's Chrysler we're talking about; they would NEVER be that clean.  :lol:
I am Dr. Remulac

bakerhillpins

Any 4spd owners out there that could chime in and let me know what your sheet metal looks like?
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Charger-Bodie

I looked at the bottom side of many factory 4 gerar cars and Ive never seen one that was smoothed in like that.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Troy

This is factory Mopar:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69 OUR/TEA

Heres another orig 4spd R/T 69.I remember the 4spd hump was larger than the hole they cut out by about 1/2" - 1".

six-tee-nine

Probably just someoen who wants to have it look a little nicer, cant blame him it looks waay better to
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bakerhillpins

Well it was being advertised as "All original panels" so modifying it and then using that text raises flags. At least with me anyhow.

Turns out the trunk floor, lower quarters, and some of the floor pan has been replaced/patched. So they probably did do some cleaning up on it. Oh, and not so much all original panels.

Thanks everyone!
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

resq302

Sorry, a little late to this but mine looks like everyone elses and is not smoothed out like that 440 one you posted.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto