News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PETA's trying to save Walleye in Minnesota........ hehehe

Started by PocketThunder, August 03, 2005, 08:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Are you kidding me! This is hilarious!  those nuts at PETA (People for Eating Tasty Animals) want the people of Minnesota to stop fishing for Walleye because the hook hurts their mouth....  ha!  The best part is what the Gov. says in reply, "Because of their letter, I'm going out for a walleye dinner tonight."

Good job Gov.

Here is the article so you dont have to link to it....

PT

BRIEFING: MINNESOTA

Minnesota anglers, fear not.

Gov. Tim Pawlenty formally has rejected a request from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals that he declare walleye pike, Minnesota's state fish, off limits to fishing.

"PETA should stay out of Minnesota's proud fishing lifestyle," Pawlenty said Tuesday in a two-paragraph news release issued by his staff. "Because of their letter, I'm going out for a walleye dinner tonight."

He was responding to a July 29 letter from Karin Robertson, manager of the "Fish Empathy Project" for the Norfolk, Va.-based PETA. In the letter, she argued that fish feel pain, just as people do, and she urged him to outlaw angling.

In an interview, Robertson said she legally changed her name to GoVeg.com, the address for one of PETA's Web sites, two years ago.

She urged Minnesotans to visit fishinghurts.com, another PETA site, for links to research papers describing fish sensitivity to pain.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

my73charger

What a bunch of complete morons.  I would like to do some trolling for PETA idiots and of course...set the hook.    ROFLMAO!!

Shakey

I would like to meet some of these people face to face, just to ask some questions.

I stayed at the Harris Ranch in Coalinga, CA a few weeks back, a beef cattle feed lot (18,000 acres with 100,000 cows) with a meat processing plant on site.  They also have a hotel with four restaurants, one of them being a prime steakhouse.

Speaking with the bartender about the place in general, he tells me that the folks from PETA were around a couple of years back and let some of the cows out onto Interstate # 5.  He said that if they see the folks from PETA on the property (hotel / restaurant) they are not served and are quickly removed.

Here are a couple of photos that don't really do it justice.  It is quite amazing to see, and the beef tasted great that night.

I'll always remember a bumper sticker that said:

"I love animals, they are delicious"

tomonty

These people are completely lost. Why anyone would want to join them is beyond me. Humans are meat eaters. Our teeth are made for ripping and tearing and chewing meat. If we were vegetarians, we would have mouths like cows. MOOOO!!!
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

my73charger

Quote from: tomonty on August 03, 2005, 12:29:43 PM
These people are completely lost. Why anyone would want to join them is beyond me. Humans are meat eaters. Our teeth are made for ripping and tearing and chewing meat. If we were vegetarians, we would have mouths like cows. MOOOO!!!

Yep, I like my incisors...work real good for pork chops on a stick...

Shakey

Quote from: my73charger on August 03, 2005, 02:15:30 PM

Yep, I like my incisors...work real good for pork chops on a stick...

Um, those are bones, not sticks!  :icon_smile_big:

Khyron

[homer] ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bbbbbeeeeeeeefffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff [/homer]

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Old Moparz

On a similar topic, I remember having a good conversation with an animal rights activist once. They had a booth/table set up at a street fair I went to, & I was reading some info they had on display. They talked about a lot of unnecessary tests being done, inhumane conditions & such, & I agreed with some of their ideas & lobbying methods. Letter writing, product boycotts etc. I did agree until they tried to talk me into joining them to go chain myself to some entrance gate at a lab while others would go inside to release the animals.

One of my wife's friends is a vegetarian & sometimes enlightens me with her soybean & cotton fiber burgers. At that point, I usually make a trip to Home Depot & grab a hot dog with halapeno pepper relish on the way there.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

FREAKS!

Next they'll be saying that it's inhumane to flush a turd...something about the shock of the cold water, just before drowning. :icon_smile_dead:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

my73charger

I heard a real good one this week from one of my buddies.  He went to his class reunion and met one of his old girlfriends and she is major into this sort of thing.  Anyway, while he was chatting with her he swatted a mosquito and she told him not to do it again cause they have a right to live.  ROFLMAO!  What a nutjob.

bull

PETA is dfinitely fighting a losing battle on all fronts and yet they continue. It must be a bummer to feel guilty for being at the top of the food chain. Glad I don't have to deal with that problem.

Charger4404spd

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 03, 2005, 02:59:56 PM
FREAKS!

Next they'll be saying that it's inhumane to flush a turd...something about the shock of the cold water, just before drowning. :icon_smile_dead:

LMAO :lolexplode:

Telvis

I think I'm going to go have a steak tonight. Might even get some shrimp with it. I think we might need some chicken wings as an apetizer too. Then i think I'm gonna spray some insccticide on my yard. I might even cut down a tree just for giggles.

SirNik73

Hell Yeah Telvis, i'm with you on that one. i think its time for a Bacon Cheese Burger with a side of chicken strips, that way i get all the of the food groups, Cows, Pigs and Chickens!

All the girls i've ever know are like the PETA people... all freaks when it comes to food  :image_294343: ... but the one i'm hanging around with now, she won't eat it unless its meat or potato. that is realy a change of pase, but she won't eat any veggies... but some time i need some veggies... i think of them like Injector cleaner... keeps everthing flowing!  :thumbs:
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

41husk

What about fruits and Vegetables?  They are living cells also.  Looks Like we are just gonna have to fricken starve to death to keep everyone all warm and fuzzy.  Those same people are worried my Charger is putting a hole in there O zone :rotz:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Telvis

Speaking of ozone....I'm gonna crack open a can of R-12 and throw in a can of 134a for good measure. Well...maybe not the R-12....I'm gonna release a can of 134a and a can of WD40.. Take that you tree huggers!! Muaaaahaaahaahaa! :icon_smile_evil:

kab69440

Don't waste the r-12, Tel! That stuff is expensive! I'd love to find enough of the stuff to fill my AC back up, without taking out a second mortgage to do so...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Telvis

I had three cans of R-12. I gave it to a buddy of mine so he could charge up his old truck. I don't remember what it was. I think maybe a dodge Mitsubishi Raider or something. Anyway he converted it to 134a and threw the R-12 away. Pig Bastard!!

RT DAVE

I'm pretty left of center politically, but these PETA freaks even piss me off.  Do they really think any reasonable people will see things as they do? 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Andrew

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 03, 2005, 02:36:43 PM
I did agree until they tried to talk me into joining them to go chain myself to some entrance gate at a lab while others would go inside to release the animals.

did they mention the Anmal Liberation Front (ALF), they are a semi-terrorist (IMO) group who break into medical rtesearch labs, release the anmals and firebomb the labs, and their sponsored by PETA.

you know what the funny thing is?

the vice-president of peta is a diabetic (or something like that) and the medication she takes daily to keep her alive was tested on anmals, yet she claims anmal testing is bad.

my73charger

Yep PETA and ALF would let all the animals lose onto the streets to get hit by cars.  :spank:

Telvis you made me hungry, I may have to have steak and eggs this morning...

Lightning

now all we need to do is kill the ELF (Earth Liberation Front) movement before they start firebombing our old cars instead of the new Hummers!
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Dr. V

Very true my friend :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 03, 2005, 02:59:56 PM
FREAKS!

:hah: :lol: :lol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Andrew