News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Amy Winecooler May Have Died From Alcohol Withdrawal???

Started by Richard Cranium, July 28, 2011, 12:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Cranium

Really?  ::)

Amy Winehouse's family has come forward about their late daughter's death, stating that the singer had died from alcohol withdrawal, People reports.

According to Britain's The Sun, via People, a source close to the family has revealed that Winehouse quit drinking cold turkey within the past month, sending her body into a state of shock: "Abstinence gave her body such a fright, they thought it was eventually the cause of her death."

Though rumors have spread that the singer was drinking heavily at the time of her death, People reports that Mitch Winehouse, Amy's father, told mourners at his daughter's funeral that the singer had ignored doctors' orders to gradually step away from alcohol to avoid withdrawal symptoms.

Winehouse recorded two full-length albums before her death and, as WENN reports, a third was in production but nowhere near complete. Her producer, Salaam Remi, told New York's Power 105.1 FM, "We were working on it; it's not a complete album. We had a lot of things going, there are recordings, but first things first, I think. We're trying to focus on what's at hand and what her family wants to do. So those reports are false."

Tributes to the tragic singer have abounded, with Winehouse's close friend and collaborator Mark Ronson paying homage to her at a July 27 concert at the Old Royal Naval College in London, accompanied by 'Valerie' writer Dave McCabe.

According to NME, Ronson told the crowd "The genius in that woman and what she shared with us is pretty special. I'm not going to get all morbid on you. It's just nice to be playing music to people who like good music. She is my sister, wherever she is."
I am Dr. Remulac

nh_mopar_fan

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Kern Dog

She reminds me of Minnie Driver with that mouth full of British "teeth".
Still, the "before" photo, while a little thicker than ideal, looks much better than the spun out, used up final version. I searched YouTube for her songs in an attempt to find a song that I had heard, but none sounded familiar. She was in the media often for subjects other than music, so I was curious. Obviously she has a following. Some people have a destiny that no manager or family can divert or change.

Todd Wilson

Belgium R/T -68

She is joining the 27 club, she had a great voice. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

lisiecki1

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on July 28, 2011, 10:23:57 PM
She reminds me of Minnie Driver with that mouth full of British "teeth".
Still, the "before" photo, while a little thicker than ideal, looks much better than the spun out, used up final version. I searched YouTube for her songs in an attempt to find a song that I had heard, but none sounded familiar. She was in the media often for subjects other than music, so I was curious. Obviously she has a following. Some people have a destiny that no manager or family can divert or change.

I think her biggest song was "Rehab".....ironically
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

greenpigs

She was nice looking at one time, too me at least. Doubt it was booze only that killed her but this doesn't matter now.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Darkman

Quote from: greenpigs on July 30, 2011, 06:11:49 PM
She was nice looking at one time, too me at least. Doubt it was booze only that killed her but this doesn't matter now.

:iagree:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

gtx6970

I can only imagine the pressure that comes with a career / lifestyle such as hers and the need  of some way to get away from it , if only for a while.

She has a unique voice and I liked here.
Loss of life in it's early stages is a tragic loss, Regardless of the circumstances involved

Mike DC

QuoteI can only imagine the pressure that comes with a career / lifestyle such as hers and the need  of some way to get away from it , if only for a while.

Millions of other addicts don't need fame to keep them using.

I don't discount the pressures of fame in general.  But I think the addiction-celeb link has more to do with the type of person who craves the spotlight than the effects of the spotlight itself.  And this particular girl was never more than moderately famous when she was alive.  

Brock Lee

I think in many cases, the addictive personality disorder that creates problems with alcohol and drugs is the same disorder that drives them to be better than average at what they do, singing, acting, etc.

Big Sugar

Quote from: Brock Lee on August 02, 2011, 09:03:49 AM
I think in many cases, the addictive personality disorder that creates problems with alcohol and drugs is the same disorder that drives them to be better than average at what they do, singing, acting, etc.

I Agree, Seems a lot ot the truly gifted artists have trouble dealing with daily life in general.

Kinda Sad

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

nh_mopar_fan

Congratulations to Amy Winehouse, today marks one year of sobriety!

Old Moparz

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on July 24, 2012, 07:34:53 AM
Congratulations to Amy Winehouse, today marks one year of sobriety!

Man, that's totally in bad taste.

But I laughed my ass off.  :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Todd Wilson

Mytur Binsdirti

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mytur Binsdirti

Another Richard Cranium thread dragged up from the dead, and you can't blame me this time!