News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

At what age, did you buy your first Dodge Charger?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, July 26, 2011, 09:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob T

Second one, 68 R/T the one that didnt get away , August 25th 2011 age 42 .
Paid a fair price for a fair car
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

cazz

Got my first charger @ the age of 39 last fall in washington. Car came out of Texas  that summer.No rust lots of dings payed 10.000 for her. Got half the body done now should be on the road in a year or so t5 SE 383 on a stand and 440 6 going in should scream...

nvrbdn

good luck gettin that car on the road. welcome to the board. feel free to post pic's of your progress and a pic as she sits now would be great. glad to have ya. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

cazz

Thanks old timer looks like i hit the right forum to start my new venture :2thumbs:

chrisII

when i was 17 I bought a 4wd 78 ramcharger with a built up 318. after owning it about a month it spit the front drive shaft at the transfer case going 55. wrecked the trans exhaust driveshaft and as it turned out later the output on the transfer case was slightly twisted and bent..most likely the cause. I wound up pulling the motor and trading it even up to a friends dad for her 74 charger- motor. she already had a nice 79 stepside that she liked better so everyone was happy..i put it together and had a really nice driver for the rest of my sr year of high school. the Charger was nice looking but a total bondo buggy. I had it around for a few years before i turned it into a Hobby stock race car.

GL0169

i bought my first charger in 1986 when when i was 19 -a 1970 charger 318   very clean garage kept car for $2000 dollars i had saved- six months later i bought a 1969 charger R/T 440 for $715 dollars  and it has been my daily driver til this day 25 years and going good - two charger as my first and second cars and the only two car i have ever owned - i guess im a lucky man  :angel:

Scaregrabber

My Dad bought a new 73 SE 400, I was 18 years old in 74 when I bought it off of him, had it paid off in 1 year. Boy I miss those days! Imagine being 19 and driving a 1 year old, big block Mopar everyday and not owing a cent to anyone in the world.

Sheldon

71bee

Quote from: GL0169 on December 20, 2011, 09:25:39 PM
i bought my first charger in 1986 when when i was 19 -a 1970 charger 318   very clean garage kept car for $2000 dollars i had saved- six months later i bought a 1969 charger R/T 440 for $715 dollars  and it has been my daily driver til this day 25 years and going good - two charger as my first and second cars and the only two car i have ever owned - i guess im a lucky man  :angel:

That's quite the story! man, I sure wish I would've snagged my Charger back in those days when they were goin' for dirt. somehow, I was content with my Ramcharger.  :shruggy:

roundyrounder

I bought my first car in 1997 at the age of 15, a '72 Dodge Challenger, 318 auto for $900 which I still own and drive today. The next summer I bought my second car, a 1970 Dodge Charger big block 4spd car for $700. I still own the Charger too but it's also still under construction. Bought my two dream cars right off the bat  :icon_smile_cool:

Joshua

@1987.....I was 14.....and it was the family car that I was handed down, took my driver's test in it...in January, in Alaska snow.... :o

Slowly trying to get 'er back into shape..... :cheers:

chargermike

i was 15. paid 400 bucks for a 68 r/t 440 car. gold with a black vinal top. black interior. bought it from my neighbor who was the original owner. pure stock and with in a month it had fat tires -crome- vavle covers- air shocks-sound system and of course go fast stickers on the rear quater glass. loved this car. but sold it for a aar cuda.  :nana:

The70RT

Quote from: chargermike on December 29, 2011, 08:40:03 PM
i was 15. paid 400 bucks for a 68 r/t 440 car. gold with a black vinal top. black interior. bought it from my neighbor who was the original owner. pure stock and with in a month it had fat tires -crome- vavle covers- air shocks-sound system and of course go fast stickers on the rear quater glass. loved this car. but sold it for a aar cuda.  :nana:

Sorry to hear that  :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

billschroeder5842

20 years old. I bought a '73 while I was in college. 318, triple black with a buddy seat. My parents knew I was in love with my girlfriend (now wife of 25 years) because I let her drive it.
Texas Proud!

Charger_69

I bought my 1st Charger in 81, i was 19 it was a loaded 68 R/T but had a 383. It was 100% rust free so Cal car.

shorty442

We bought our first and only Charger ('67) about 5 yrs ago when I was 60.
Wife's family was always knee deep in Mopar so this one is for her.

4aThrill

Bought mine on ebay for $1,200 in 2002 at 20yrs old, 71 Dodge Charger 500 all matching numbers, restoring in progress, trying to find the motivation again to get her all back together.  :cheers:

Hessian

It was 1982 I was 11.  My Dad used to take me to the Mile High auto auctions every once in a while.  One weekend he told me I couldnt go which was a big dissapointment... until he pulled up in the driveway and honked the horn.  What sat there was a 1968 Gold Charger with a black vinyl top.  He said he didnt want me to come in the event he didnt win. I think he paid a whopping 1200.00 for it... and it was in awesome shape.  The Dukes of Hazzard was pretty big at that time, and although too young to drive, my dad made every kids dream come true.  He used to goose the engine when he'd drop me off at school.  The other kids loved it almost as much as I did.

I have many fond memories of that Charger and my dad.  Unfortunately we fell on some hard times in 1984 and my dad ended up having to sell it.  Someone here on the forum may even own it!

I've owned many cars since, but that 68 Charger is what started it all. Having just retired from the military this year, I decided to finally return to my roots. so to speak, and bought a 69 Charger.  I lost my dad after my first tour in Iraq but I know he'd approve and will, in some way, be riding shotgun. 

Currently own:
1969 Charger "General Lee" 440
2014 Challenger R/T Blacktop edition

Previously owned:
1969 Charger R/T "Death Proof"
2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange- First edition #1915 of 6400
1968 Charger 440

Semper Fidelis  USMC Retired 1991-2011

71bee

Quote from: Hessian on December 31, 2011, 11:06:03 PM
It was 1982 I was 11.  My Dad used to take me to the Mile High auto auctions every once in a while.  One weekend he told me I couldnt go which was a big dissapointment... until he pulled up in the driveway and honked the horn.  What sat there was a 1968 Gold Charger with a black vinyl top.  He said he didnt want me to come in the event he didnt win. I think he paid a whopping 1200.00 for it... and it was in awesome shape.  The Dukes of Hazzard was pretty big at that time, and although too young to drive, my dad made every kids dream come true.  He used to goose the engine when he'd drop me off at school.  The other kids loved it almost as much as I did.

I have many fond memories of that Charger and my dad.  Unfortunately we fell on some hard times in 1984 and my dad ended up having to sell it.  Someone here on the forum may even own it!

I've owned many cars since, but that 68 Charger is what started it all. Having just retired from the military this year, I decided to finally return to my roots. so to speak, and bought a 69 Charger.  I lost my dad after my first tour in Iraq but I know he'd approve and will, in some way, be riding shotgun. 

Awesome story. i'm sure your dad is very proud!

Budnicks

Quote from: 71bee on January 03, 2012, 03:19:49 PM
Quote from: Hessian on December 31, 2011, 11:06:03 PM
It was 1982 I was 11.  My Dad used to take me to the Mile High auto auctions every once in a while.  One weekend he told me I couldnt go which was a big dissapointment... until he pulled up in the driveway and honked the horn.  What sat there was a 1968 Gold Charger with a black vinyl top.  He said he didnt want me to come in the event he didnt win. I think he paid a whopping 1200.00 for it... and it was in awesome shape.  The Dukes of Hazzard was pretty big at that time, and although too young to drive, my dad made every kids dream come true.  He used to goose the engine when he'd drop me off at school.  The other kids loved it almost as much as I did.

I have many fond memories of that Charger and my dad.  Unfortunately we fell on some hard times in 1984 and my dad ended up having to sell it.  Someone here on the forum may even own it!

I've owned many cars since, but that 68 Charger is what started it all. Having just retired from the military this year, I decided to finally return to my roots. so to speak, and bought a 69 Charger.  I lost my dad after my first tour in Iraq but I know he'd approve and will, in some way, be riding shotgun.

Awesome story. i'm sure your dad is very proud!

Hessian, Sorry to hear of the loss of your father, while you were serving our country in Iraq, you have my sincere condolences & THANK YOU FOR YOUR MILITARY SERVICE TO OUR FINE COUNTRY
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Hessian

Thanks 71bee and Budnicks! No thanks is required, I loved it and already miss it...

The Charger is on it's way from CA but apparently the trailer it was on had some "trouble" so it's being repaired....  Hopefully they get it back on the road and moving back in my direction soon.... Can't wait to get it.
Currently own:
1969 Charger "General Lee" 440
2014 Challenger R/T Blacktop edition

Previously owned:
1969 Charger R/T "Death Proof"
2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange- First edition #1915 of 6400
1968 Charger 440

Semper Fidelis  USMC Retired 1991-2011