News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

muffler choices 1969 Charger R/T - again

Started by gtx6970, July 26, 2011, 09:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

Alright ,, I need to get mufflers ordered soon.

Customer wants something more quite than loud, so basically anything with a rumble is out of the question.

I heard a 68 GTX at Carlisle equipped with accurate repop hemi mufflers and it was real quite.( almost to quite )

but I would like to find something comparable in the aftermkt and cheaper than the $100 ea Accurate pieces

stripedelete

I have a similar question.  Of today's options for mufflers, what is the closest to a 69 Charger  R/T's original equipement/muffler?  :icon_smile_question:

bsakal

Well Accurate makes a "Hemi High Flow" that sounds a little more aggressive, some members here have them. The Walker Dynomax "Hemi" muffler #17748 is a 2-1/2"  side inlet / center outlet that will also fit, just without the bent corners that the Accurate mufflers have. They are about 25.5" long overall, close to the stock size. I have a set on my '66 Newport 383 in 2-1/4" (part #17747). They are a little louder than the factory Hemi style muffler, but not much. Nice Mopar sound at idle, and they sound nice when you nail it!
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383