News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen bucket seat swap

Started by jhowell34, July 11, 2011, 08:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhowell34

anyone know where i can find some cheap and nice black bucket style seats i can replace my bench seats with?

71charger_fan

Define cheap. The Scat buckets in my Charger were about three hundred each. I'm very happy with them.

Nacho-RT74

depending on cover conditions you can get them REALLY cheap ( maybe $150 for the pair ?) but needing covers, ( add around $300 then )... after that will need to check back panels too
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

JPL

Junk yard; 1990 Daytona, Marc Cross leather, power, thigh & limbar support, adjustable headrest, but won't bolt right in needs customization:

red79

not really a threadjack... but I'm converting my 3rd gen to buckets as well, and does anyone have a diagram/guide that shows where the bucket mounting holes should be drilled? on my first attempt the tunnel side of the seat is about an inch lower than the outer and i'm sitting crooked. will I need to shim up one side of the seat?

hopefully jhowell will find the info useful when he gets to that step as well  :cheers:

solids0be

Might sound like blasphomy, but I removed the old seats, removed the orginal seat tracks with a dremmel from the bottom pieces that connect to the floor board. I then took Drilled Holes to mount the after market seat tracks and then attached the buckets. I figure it can be done with a cheap set of aftermarket buckets or even somthing pulled from another car.  Just a suggestion the Leather seats in my 2000 F150 are super comfortable if you find a set, not sure of the fitting though.

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel