News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

spotted a '72 charger with a 318 for sale, what would guys say it's worth?

Started by UH60L, July 21, 2011, 07:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

Quote from: SG1022 on July 24, 2011, 11:23:45 PM
Sorry that the pictures are all washed out, and out of focus. It was hot as hell that day, and my girlfriend was sitting there waiting on me.  :shruggy:

These were taken with an iPhone4. Usually I can get some GREAT quality pictures.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

The car looked really clean, but dirty. It looked pretty unmolested, frame rails looked good. Dare I even say a, 'surivor?' Nah, I better not do that.  ;)

The owner DID know what he had, the kid who put it on the website messed up. He was going to fire it up, but there were some customers sitting on a picnic bench right behind the exhaust.

Hey, thanks for posting these.  Every time I tried to swing in there the last few days, they were closed.  Yeah I know, I was thinking about that "survivor" word, espescially since they had it listed as only having a little over 19 thousand miles, but not sure looking at the engine compartment.

Also, Nacho-RT74, a guy at work that I showed the pics to today said the exact same thing, that they never came with the white center seat panels.  I wouldn't have known that.  I figure maybe it some sort of special edition or something, but I kind of like how they look.

If I hadn't just bought a new car 6 weeks ago, I might have walked in there and made him an offer.  I wouldn't mind having a third gen sitting next to my '69.

SG1022, did they tell you if they re-painted it, or if it was that way when they got it?

Nacho-RT74

no, seat covers aren't even somekind of Special edition or whatever, they are simply custom made, but nicely done!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Tilar

What's the deal with that leaf spring?    :scope:   The gas tank is dented also.. I think 8k tops since it's not a rallye or anything special.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

SG1022

They didn't say anything shot the paint, but I want to say it's original(from looking at it).  :shruggy:

Tilar

Paint looks good in the pics, but It's definitley had a repaint. Look at the overspray under the wheel wells plus how the paint looks under the hood compaired to the rest of the car..
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Tilar on July 29, 2011, 03:07:10 PM

What's the deal with that leaf spring?    :scope:  

Either its the hillbilly way of stiffening springs... because I've seen a lot of Duke's of Hazzard tribute Chargers with that same set-up

....or its another way to increase ride height after the springs sag?  Not sure... :shruggy:

UH60L

Quote from: Tilar on July 29, 2011, 03:49:22 PM
Paint looks good in the pics, but It's definitley had a repaint. Look at the overspray under the wheel wells plus how the paint looks under the hood compaired to the rest of the car..