News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Head light switch plug

Started by mopar0166, July 21, 2011, 03:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar0166

Im looking to replace my headlight switch plug, any one have any ideas, its jsut been coming lose and i can deal with the headlights turning on and off as they please.

I know thier used to be a site where you could get this type of stuff, but i just cant remember.   thanks in advance!!!!!!

mopar0166

dodgechar

Not sure what you mean plug but chargerspecialities.com,  I believe has the switch.   if its the headlight plug on to the headlight itself you  may just try napa, they seem to be carring alot of old charger parts.   vans auto maybe.  good luck

b5blue

If it's just the brass connectors inside the plastic they can be redone. NAPA sells them and for about 50 bucks the crimp pliers that fold the crimp back in and around into itself like the factory (part # 726603) on both the conductor and insulator.   :2thumbs:

Rolling_Thunder

yeah -  sounds like the brass terminals have spread open from being put on and pulled off over time...        just replace the brass of just use some needle nose pliers and bend the tabs a little to put tension on the male tabs on the switch
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip