News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trunk torgue bars

Started by lexxman, July 20, 2011, 09:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

Hey,Can someone tell me how to remove the truck hinges on my 69 charger.I have read the instruction in the book ,but still not seeing it. Maybe I'm having a brain fart,but those torque bars had a lot of spring. :shruggy:

Daytona R/T SE

Kern Dog

What the heck are you asking here? Whats a torgue bar? Was that the bar in Star Wars? :lol:

1ol72charger4me

Trunk hinge torque bars :2thumbs: Hook the end of a 1-2' piece of 1/2 or 3/4 pipe over the end of the bar and lift up or down to release it. I had a bicycle seat post that worked great. Safety Sam says to wear your safety glasses and use both hands to manage the pipe.

lexxman

Thanks for the answer.And yes that would be a trunk hinge as in the hinge for the trunk lid and the torque bars or (spring bars or springs) what ever you want to call them.Torque bars is what they called them in the shop book.And you know some days the brain and the fingers don't talk to each other very well. :yesnod:

lexxman

Going out to work on the car,hope to have them out to night.