News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

400/440 procharger build

Started by l8rg8r, July 15, 2011, 07:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l8rg8r

ok screw on your thinking cap I have a balanced 440 crank installed in a 400 block stock bore. with a procharger to install what should I use for pistons,rods,cam,heads and carb/intake. I am looking for 700hp on pump gas and iron heads I am already installing arp head/main studs. I am looking for ideas here

XS29L8

What heads are you going to put on it?
Why not aluminum?

HardCharger500

Just a point of interest.
You say you have a "balanced" crank; but since you don't have rods, pistons etc, the cranks balance is irelevent as you must have "every" item that turns; pistons,rods,bearings,rings,balancer,flywheel or flex-plate.
Only after they weigh all this & apply bob-weights do you get a balanced crank.
Don't forgo this or you'll have a motor that will shake itself to bits.
Mike

HardCharger500

Oh yes! My 2 cents!
Go for a set of Stealth Heads. Cheap as, & with a Pro-Charger you will easily make 700 HP.
Dollars quickly disappear when you get into giving a set of heads a recon.
The Stealths are well made; don't seem to have any porosity issues.
If you wanna really wake it up,if you could afford it, go with the CNC"d heads as you would use less boost to make the same power.

red79

I was thinking 'balanced 440 crank' meant an externally balanced cast crank. if so, might want to rethink that! you want a steel crank to handle that much HP  :eek2:

l8rg8r

going with cast heads because I have lots of them on hand 906.903.915.415,452 the list goes on and on. thanks for all the input good point on balance it has the stock rods now but gonna change them out for eagle H beam is my first choice or somthing from manley or scat as far as heads I am lean towards 906 heads for open chambers and large valves I have done a set of these before I only polished them up didnt do  hardly any porting and they produced decent hp on this engine I will match port and blend with a polish to finish them off

jhowell34

what procharger setup you going with or got im interested?