News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Big Block A/C mounts

Started by Cooter, July 22, 2011, 07:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

If there's anybody out there that could possibly get pictures of the BB A/C mounts on the original "V" type compressor(All of them please), and where they go in relation to the engine, I'd be much obliged...I gotta take a Small block set up and rework it to BB set up..No, I don't want to sink hundreds of dollars into the original brackets when I can make 'em, unless there's someone here that is willing to sell ALL of 'em fairly cheap.. I just need to see what the mounts look like so I can fab new ones for the 440..

And to think how many of these set ups I threw away back in the day...Geeesh..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

gasoline_24

Good luck making them.  I had to make one to replace the back so it fit with my aftermarket heads, and it was not real easy.  I will see if I can come up with some pics for you.  I think I have a whole set I could sell you for $75 plus shipping.

bsakal

this style compressor? This is a 383...
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Just 6T9 CHGR

The only bracket that can interchange between 383 & 440 compressors is the main front bracket.

the rear "tubes" as well as the rear bracket that mounts to the cylinder head are different between the 383 & 440
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Front bracket  (large C shaped bracket on left)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Cooter

Yep, that's the set up for the style compressor pictured above. I think it's still referred to as the "York" compressor.

I have bits and pieces of the parts laid out, but I know I didn't save the large front bracket, all the "tubes", etc..
Oh well, looks like fabbing some of the brackets might have to happen...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

gtx6970

I might have an extra front compressor bracket

What year do you need ?

gtx6970

Cooter

Well, not too worried about the "Correctness" of the mounting, as I'm more into function. However, the engine will be in the '72-'74 model year. The one "Tube" that goes over towards the pass. side on the intake looks to pose a problem right off, as the Old skool Torker intake I am running doesn't have that hole...

I thank You for the detailed pics though Bill, and will be using them for my preliminary mockup...Thanks to everybody for posting much needed pics.