News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pic of a worn fuel pump push rod

Started by Johnnys440Charger, July 18, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnys440Charger

Anyone have a pic of a worn fuel pump push rod for a 440?
Where can I get a Fuel Pump Push Rod for cheap?

BananaDan

This is the one Chris (6T9) told me to get.  It is now in my spare parts bag I keep in my trunk.  I'm sure Chris will be by this thread with a side-by-side pic of a worn one and a new one. 
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

BananaDan

I found this picture through a google search.  That's pretty much how mine looked.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Nacho-RT74

NOW THATS WORN...

I just removed mine ( which as far I know is still the original one ), compaired with the NOS I got and just THIS section in blue is worn, the area with the angled cut at the edge

( note... the one on my car has a groove in the middle, what it looks to be to keep oil, the NOS one is exactly to the ones pictured )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: BananaDan on July 18, 2011, 10:08:41 PM
This is the one Chris (6T9) told me to get.  It is now in my spare parts bag I keep in my trunk.  I'm sure Chris will be by this thread with a side-by-side pic of a worn one and a new one. 

You know what?  I never took a pic of mine.  I will when I get a spare back ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Back N Black

Quote from: BananaDan on July 18, 2011, 10:15:39 PM
I found this picture through a google search.  That's pretty much how mine looked.

Did you change your oil after replacing the push rod? the metal could be embedded in your bearings. What fuel pump are you using?

Johnnys440Charger

BananaDan

Hmm, that is a good price!  Oh well, mine is already here.  

Quote from: Back N Black on July 19, 2011, 02:57:44 PM
Did you change your oil after replacing the push rod? the metal could be embedded in your bearings. What fuel pump are you using?

I didn't.  My engine has just under 1,000 miles on it from rebuild, and is on her second oil change since fire-up/break-in.  The rod isn't new, it was an engine component that survived the rebuild.  I can't believe that wear down I had occured in driving her for about 500-600 miles, it must have been years in the making prior to the rebuild.  I use the standard BB/Hemi mechanical fuel pump through Mopar Performance.

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 19, 2011, 05:32:28 AM
You know what?  I never took a pic of mine.  I will when I get a spare back ;)

It'll be in the mail this week!