News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Super Bee radiator - 2949053 - worth keeping?

Started by Dans 68, July 09, 2006, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

Guys,

I just pulled an old radiator out of my father-in-laws shed (which is coming down tomorrow), and as I knew he had (years ago) a '69 Super Bee (383, 4-speed) the odds were good it was once in that vehicle. I discovered using a google search that it is the correct p/n. Now my question...are these particular radiators difficult to obtain? I have toyed with the idea of getting a Super Bee some day (to honor him and since I think they are a close second to the charger), and would just salt it away (to my wife's extreme displeasure, of course) if it made sense (cents?). What say you all?

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

69CoronetRT

Yes, they can be hard to find but only if you're looking for them. It seems most people are upgrading to the 26" aftermarket or are looking for the 054 or 055 radiator so there's not a lot of people out there that want one. Check the parts wanted ads. Someone just posted they were looking for a 69 053.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

WINGMAN

How much do you want for it?   :icon_smile_cool: Wingman
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

charge-it

Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

bull

Hell yes! Four speed radiators are harder to find than honest politicians.

cudajunction

I will buy it, I need one for a 69 Road Runner I am building.

covet66

The Glen Ray radiators with correct stampings and numbers are crazy prices- I would think it has a fair bit of value.

y3chargerrt

It has a fair bit of valve for sure. But remember if you end up needing it recoared you could easily put another 500 bucks into it.

Ghoste

Which is still waaaaaay less than a Glen-Ray.

gtx6970

Ghoste

Didn't know that but it makes sense, not a lot of demand for them.  But for that person who needs it...