News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's with all the "crime" threads?

Started by Ponch ®, January 12, 2006, 07:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

So over the last few days there have been a lot of "so and so did this to their kids" or "Bank robber shot" or "letters from a schoolgirl killer" threads.

Doesnt really bother me...but I do wonder what's brought about this somber mood?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Lowprofile

Its cabin fever, bro. People go nuts in the winter. Shoot the kids, throw the mother in law in the wood chipper,[ :scratchchin:], shoot the office up with an AK-47 because their secret santa gift sucked, run over the neighbors dog for shitin' on your lawn,  etc,etc.........

White People be Crazy.  word     O0
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Mopar440+6

Its like the media. Theres nothing else "important" going on so everybody is digging up the worst crime stories they can find. And you know these guys, as soon as one guy posts one crime story everybody else goes running to find one thats worse.

And not to hi-jack the thread but has anyone else noticed the gradually increasing cost of gasoline?
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Shakey

Quote from: Lowprofile on January 12, 2006, 08:00:29 PM
Its cabin fever, bro. People go nuts in the winter. Shoot the kids, throw the mother in law in the wood chipper,[ :scratchchin:], shoot the office up with an AK-47 because their secret santa gift sucked, run over the neighbors dog for shitin' on your lawn,  etc,etc.........

White People be Crazy.  word     O0

This cracked me up!

Brock Samson

Ponch?.. err,.. Mojo,.. Didn't you start it with yur "couple leaves kids" thread?..

while were on the subject of "true detective" stuff..

I saw this really interesting Documentery Called Guerrilla: The Taking Of Patty Hearst.
about the 1976 Patty Hearst Kidnapping on our local PBS (Public Broadcasting Station) it was EXCELLENT!!! I strongly suggest you check it out when possible..

http://www.guerrillathemovie.com/home.html

they often re-broadcast these shows..

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on January 12, 2006, 08:16:17 PM
And not to hi-jack the thread but has anyone else noticed the gradually increasing cost of gasoline?
YES! :flame:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemihead

Maybe the public is getting tired of the burden of this scum on society?
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Rolling_Thunder

well mojo ur used to crime - u live in CA like me
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 12, 2006, 10:38:24 PM
Quote from: Mopar440+6 on January 12, 2006, 08:16:17 PM
YES! :flame:

:yesnod:

What happened to the winter decrease we had goin'? :shruggy:

It was down to $2.25 (93) about 2 weeks ago, but it's back up to $2.51 (93) here. :flame: :rotz:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Brock Samson

damn, talk about hijackin a thread?.  :-\

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Stratocharger on January 13, 2006, 02:12:49 AM
damn, talk about hijackin a thread?.  :-\

Move along folks.

Nothing to see here.

Back to discussing the current spike in human suffering posts.  :-\
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch on January 12, 2006, 07:45:11 PM
So over the last few days there have been a lot of "so and so did this to their kids" or "Bank robber shot" or "letters from a schoolgirl killer" threads.

Doesnt really bother me...but I do wonder what's brought about this somber mood?

You don't have long cold winters do you?  :shruggy:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

MichaelRW

A really sad statistic of all the crime we hear about is that the crimes are committed by about 1% of the population. That 1% causes so much pain and cost for so many others.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Dodge-Charger

The reason for all the crime is due to the fact they know that the Judges are to panty waist to give them whats really coming .
should be,  kill a man = get shot   
but insted, Kill a man = three hots and a cot

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free