News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Child rapist only gets 60 days in jail

Started by twilt, January 12, 2006, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilt

If this doesnt make you sick to your stomach, I don`t know what will. This Judge Cashman needs to removed from the bench.
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4319605&nav=4QcT

RD

HOLY SHEEP BATMAN!!!  no way!  I disagree with the judge's decision.  What kind of message is he sending to all the molesters/rapists out there?  "oh i know you committed a felony, but you can just be rehabilitated.  please go and rape children, you will only get 60 days if you come to my courtroom."

that judge may have good intentions and part of him and his past convictions may bring about .0001% of legitimacy to his recent judgment, but if you do the crime, you do the time.  I hope they appeal.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Khyron

I know I could get in trouble for typing this, But if someone ever raped my Child, He / She would be dead. It's that simple.

I find it hard to be convinced a jury would convict me.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

Khryon, you would be convicted of a much lesser charge, and wouldn't get very much jailtime.  A token punishment, really.

And, there is no rehabilitation for these people.  They're brains are just plain messed up, and there is no fixing that.  It's a part of who they are.  Unchangeable.  The only thing we can do is lock these people up, keep them away from everyone else.

Yes, this "judge" should be removed from the bench.  It is the job of the judicial system to ENFORCE the law, not to make policy or legislate..
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

hemihead

Some bunch of whining liberals would convict you.You know the same groups that are against the death penalty and want to turn Rapist and Murderers out on the streets to commit more crimes because they have nothing better to do with their lives but protest.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Afflyer

This story has been on the O'Reilly Factor since Tuesday night.  Bill is pushing this story hard, much like he has with that way-off left scale professor from Colorado University. 

I think this judge up in Vermont should be completely removed from the bench.  There have never been so many e-mails to the Governors office in Montpelier, since this story was first broadcast on The Factor.

If this judge isn't impeached or steps down from the bench- someone in Vermont is going to "tag his arse" from a secluded wooded spot.

Just my  :Twocents:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Charger71

I heard someone say " You know the definition of a conservative????   They were a liberal who had a crime committed against them...."

I think that judge would want a more severe punishment for someone who raped his wife or mom, or daughter.

Just my two cents...

Charger71

Rolling_Thunder

im sure he'll have a little accident while in prison
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Silver R/T

life isnt fair. You have to take control in your hands and do some of your own "judging" sometimes...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparguy01

hope they put him in solitary for the 60 days, for his sake, or it might be a death penalty after all.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Khyron on January 12, 2006, 09:43:02 PM
I know I could get in trouble for typing this, But if someone ever raped my Child, He / She would be dead. It's that simple.

:iagree:

Right there with you on this one!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

few years back Ellie Nestler killed the guy who molested her kid. .. she served her time willingly...

hemihead

Quote from: Stratocharger on January 13, 2006, 12:11:45 AM
few years back Ellie Nestler killed the guy who molested her kid. .. she served her time willingly...
She should have been made a National Hero
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 13, 2006, 12:02:24 AM
Quote from: Khyron on January 12, 2006, 09:43:02 PM

:iagree:

Right there with you on this one!

:iagree:  But first I would cut of his "pride" and let him watch
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

TheGhost

Quote from: hemihead on January 13, 2006, 12:26:26 AM
Quote from: Stratocharger on January 13, 2006, 12:11:45 AM
She should have been made a National Hero

She's got my respect.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

4402tuff4u

I wonder how much time would a child rapist get if he raped the judges kid? Hmmmm..... :scratchchin:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

dkn1997

If we are talking about someone who went near one of my kids, then a 60 day sentence would be death sentence for that person.  Maybe if they got a decent sentence, I might cool down, but 60 days?  no way they make it to 61 days.
RECHRGED

MichaelRW

That state needs to get minimum sentencing laws in place so that judge or another can never legislate from the bench again. It's a travesty of justice.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Mrfixit

Being that this all happened less than twenty miles from my house, figured i'd chime in on this one. Other judges are pushing to get Cashman disbarred. And i dont blame them one bit.When you become a judge or are in a position of power like that, you are performing a service to the people. You owe them the best. Protect, serve, punish accordingly, the 60 day sentence is not just a slap on the wrist for the sick f*** that did what he did, its a slap in the face to every body else. People going about their daily lives wanting the best for their families... crap like this makes people feel like prisoners in their own homes and neighborhoods. Kids shouldn't have to worry about anything but being kids.
But this guy will get his, There are a lot of heavier hands in this world besides some punk judges. :flame:

nh_mopar_fan

What do you expect from VT? This is the state that gave us Bernie Sanders and Howard Dean, among other things....

We in NH have a history of having to deal with lowlifes who got a slap on the wrist in VT and MA and then tried to come over to NH and try it here. Needless to say, they get put away for a good long time in this state.

CB

A couple of days ago in the UK there's a guy sentenced for life raping a 14 week old baby. Dayum...
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

SeattleCharger

That is unbelievable.   ???      I heard of a case where the guy got six years in prison for giving a young girl a back massage once.   It is a serious thing, and this guy was raping her at age seven for four years?   Should be twenty years in prison.   Unbelievable. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

Vigilante justice anyone?   

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Big Lebowski

Lock the judge up with the biggest 300 pound African American inmate they have, and close the curtain. (In your deepest voice)..."Do you want do be the man or the woman?" :o
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

69_500

I don't like much about the American justice sytem anyways, but this one takes the cake. We do have minimum sentences in this country but for some stupid reason we never uphold them. We have statutes about 3-5 years, but when convicted of a crime to 3-5 years they typically spend 1-2 years behind bars, and get out early with good behavior. Do the people they commit the crime against get a reward for their good behavior? NO, they are still stuck with whatever happened to them. Call me ruthless, but a crime is a crime. If the law says 30 years in the prison, you serve 30 years, no less. Not a single day less. If they decided they should only spend 15 years in there, they should have only been sentenced to 15 years.
In this case, and in any cases of child molestation, I don't think they should ever be released back into society. Lock them up and throw away the key. Let kids be kids, and not have to ever come into contat with people like that.