News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Beater

Started by dkn1997, July 16, 2011, 11:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

I've been putting a ton of miles on my 09 G8.  Fun with 360hp on tap, but not easy on the wallet at 15mpg.  plus I put 18K on it and haven't even had it a year.  I wanted a cheap beater car and was looking all over at old civics, saturn coupes, etc..  Then I find out a guy at work is getting rid of a 99 s10 pickup that needs a clutch.  for 600 I figured I couldn't lose.  a/c, 5 speed, 2.2 4cyl, functioning/locking fiberglas bed cap painted same as truck, nice interior, no rust, but some dents. 

I bought it for the asking price thinking 2 or 300 in parts and a couple of days doing the clutch and i'd be good to go.  But after bleeding the clutch and getting rid of the black sludge disguised as brake fluid in the clutch res, it shifts and drives like a champ.  Had to buy a battery and it will need one tire. 

RECHRGED

terrible one

Damn! Great score, for $600 I would have bought that in an instant :yesnod:

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Tilar

That's cheap enough. I have a S10 that is radar blue that I bought new in 95. I brought it to Ohio from Texas last November. Equipped just like the one you bought. They are a nice little truck. I think mine has 77k miles on it, gets roughly 30 mpg on the highway.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Silver R/T

I had red 99 S10, had to sell it as I needed something 4wd and more weight capacity/bigger bed. Overall it was a good truck
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722