News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Coronet 440 Trade?

Started by Skyview69, July 14, 2011, 11:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyview69

I am thinking of trading my 69 for a 69 Coronet 440.  My reason for this is probably a reality check that I will never be able to properly restore my 69.  This Coronet is a daily driver for the guy who just got a company truck and wants to sell/trade.  I would want some cash with the trade of course but here are some pics (poor quality) of the Cornonet.  The coronet was an original 383 car so he says and now has a 400.  He says it needs restoring but from these pics it looks ok...I will inspect the car prior to any deal but wanted some extra opinions...WHAT'S THIS CAR WORTH  :shruggy:  I want a car that I can hop in and drive when I want to....

thanks

Just 6T9 CHGR

Umm...no :slap:

If you want a car to "hop in and drive when I want to", get a Honda :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

nvrbdn

got a decent body and a 4 speed. could be fun to drive. looks good from the pics. if you will never fix the charger, at least you will be driving and hitting the car cruise scene. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Skyview69

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 14, 2011, 03:58:36 PM
Umm...no :slap:

If you want a car to "hop in and drive when I want to", get a Honda :rotz:

Why not trade? I have driven my Charger maybe 50 miles or so in the 7 years i have had it.  I am close to getting it on the road...I have installed a new brake booster and have new headers and exhaust sytem to install as whell...then might be able to drive it if the ass end doesn't fall to the ground because there is no trunk floor left and a few gallons of bondo and fibergals holding it together back there.  If this guy would trade and hand over some cash do you not think that might be a good trade?  I am partial to Chargers but the reality is mine will never look as good as yours unless I win the lottery.

Skyview69

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 14, 2011, 04:04:28 PM
got a decent body and a 4 speed. could be fun to drive. looks good from the pics. if you will never fix the charger, at least you will be driving and hitting the car cruise scene. :yesnod:

That's what I was thinking.  Here is a link to some pics of my Charger...too much work for me to afford

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q79/cvreel/

Although  I don't want to get rid of her but like you said it looks like it is in good shape with a 4 speed and I'll have a mopar to drive

1968_Charger

I guess it boils down to do you want a car you can cruise in now or a charger later. Tough call. The four speed is tempting too.

Skyview69

Quote from: 1968_Charger on July 14, 2011, 05:08:36 PM
I guess it boils down to do you want a car you can cruise in now or a charger later. Tough call. The four speed is tempting too.

i would love to keep the sunroof Charger and restore it and get it looking good but I just can't afford it now and don't see much money available in the near or far future to put into it.   Maybe when I get the engine back in and the new exhaust on it I will change my mind but this trade offer does intrigue me though...it probably won't even pan out anyway... I am going to call him later tonight and get more info...

nvrbdn

restorations can take years without the budget. (even cutting corners to get it on the road). it really depends on your feeling of having the cash to ever restore it, or getting out there and cruising in a b body big block 4 speed  that can hit the street this weekend. what ever you choose, its still a b body mopar. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Just 6T9 CHGR

Remember yours is one of only 260 XP sunroof's for '69....even less when you factor in colors....  :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

nvrbdn

with an ultra rare charger, mabey check to see who's willing to save it and has the cash to do so. then mabey you can take that cash and buy the charger that is already street ready. it doesnt seem you are stuck on rare #'s as much as want to drive a muscle car. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

doctor4766

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 14, 2011, 05:39:22 PM
with an ultra rare charger, mabey check to see who's willing to save it and has the cash to do so. then mabey you can take that cash and buy the charger that is already street ready. it doesnt seem you are stuck on rare #'s as much as want to drive a muscle car. :shruggy:
Yeah good call.
Gotta love a '69

Skyview69

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 14, 2011, 05:31:36 PM
Remember yours is one of only 260 XP sunroof's for '69....even less when you factor in colors....  :Twocents:

I know...I know...you had to remind me!  My 71 is close to having a new paint job...I could sell that when done and use money for the 69 but it still won't be enough  :rotz:

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 14, 2011, 05:39:22 PM

I'm really not a #'s man...just a guy who has loved Chargers as long as I can remember and somehow I am lucky enough  to have two of them.  I just have the itch to get back behind the wheel.   :drive:  If I could sell it and get enough for a nice driver with a decent body and paint I would...I would even trade both my Chargers for one decent one  :yesnod:

nvrbdn

that should get people scramblin to try to work something out. good luck. hope you find it. im like you, just want to be done and driving. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Black Charger

If it were me, I would do the trade, as the Coronet (at least from the pics) appears to be a solid driver. I would make sure to keep the guy's phone number so that if/when he finishes the Charger down the road and decides to sell, you'll be first in line to get it back as a turn-key rather than a project.

Just my two cents...

1Bad70Charger

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 14, 2011, 05:22:09 PM
restorations can take years without the budget. (even cutting corners to get it on the road). it really depends on your feeling of having the cash to ever restore it, or getting out there and cruising in a b body big block 4 speed  that can hit the street this weekend. what ever you choose, its still a b body mopar. :yesnod:

I agree, to some soul searching and follow your heart!  :2thumbs:

I say GO FOR IT, THIS life is just too darn short and tommorrow may not come for any one of us. Get a cool Mopar B Body with a 383 and a 4 speed that you can start driving and enjoying today!  :coolgleamA:
48 year old Self Employed Trial Lawyer (I fight the ambulance chasers); 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner A12 Tribute Car, Built 505ci; Silver 2008 Hemi Dodge Challenger SRT8, Black 2006 Corvette Z06 427ci LS7-Keep God First, Family Second and Horsepower Third.  Interests:  God, Fast American Cars (old and new), Classic Muscle Cars, German Sheperds, Guns, Animals and the Great Outdoors (sick of Chicago).

oldcarnut

I like my 69 Coronet RT.  Put it on Ebay a couple times but it didn't meet reserve--almost did.  You didn't mention how much he was wanting for it but you could take a look at the current running sold sales to get an idea of market values as they're all down.  Biggest problem was everyone that wanted to trade with me still wanted old market values for theirs but offer only current for mine so don't let him try to get you upside down on the deal.  Best of luck something working out for you so you can enjoy some driving soon  :drive:.
Here's the link where I had mine listed. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,80489.0.html

Skyview69

Thanks for all the comments.  :2thumbs: I spoke to the guy again last night and he does not have enough for me to make the trade happen.  I am disappointed and glad at the same time.  Back to the garage I guess.  I'll get this car on the road somehow  :yesnod:

daveco

Put some feelers out there, considering the rarity of what you have, you can probably trade for a decent running/driving '69
If it were mine I'd have done the trade, clean, big block 4spd cars aren't exactly common either.
R/Tree

Skyview69

Quote from: daveco on July 15, 2011, 11:20:30 PM
Put some feelers out there, considering the rarity of what you have, you can probably trade for a decent running/driving '69
If it were mine I'd have done the trade, clean, big block 4spd cars aren't exactly common either.

yeah..i've been looking around for a decent trade but no takers out there yet....