News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trans Questions.......

Started by aone415, July 15, 2011, 09:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aone415

Okay, our 68 is currently running a nicely powered 440 mated to a 727.  I'm wondering if you can swap a modern Chrysler trans (SRT-8) into a 68 and how difficult would such a swap be.  Any advice??????

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

John_Kunkel

Any of the new LX transmissions are totally electronically controlled, they need a transmission control module and it needs to talk to the main computer.

Not saying it can't be done but not worth the effort unless you're an electronic genius.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

flyinlow

A 545rfe is much bigger in the tunnel and crossmember area and I guessing about 80 lbs. heavier .(from picking one up)  The 3:1 first gear and the .65OD would be great. I have not seen a stand alone controler for one yet. ($1000?)

I put a A518 in mine. Still takes tunnel mods.

John_Kunkel

The subject SRT8 transmission is the Mercedes W5A580, all different than the older RFE series.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

flyinlow

My mistake. I looked under a 5.7 Charger and thought it was a 545.