News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don't Buy from SMS!!

Started by 69Chrgr, July 09, 2011, 10:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Chrgr

Rod from SMS Auto and I have reconciled and worked things out. I'm just as guilty by posting here and Moparts. However, we both agreed that we utilized poor communication. I assumed he knew about general car restoration, and he does not. Rod stated that he does not restore cars and never has. He only does component restoration. I thought that since he rebuilt these boxes, he would know all about what does and does not fit. I'm still appauled at the pirranha style behavior of some(not all) on these websites when someone doesn't know absolutely every single specific of their car. People have exhibited animal like behavior in making personal attacks on me and for some reason my profession. Pretty much why I don't post much or get on here much. Thanks to those who have responded professionally however.

At least it's all sorted now...

Brock Samson

So,.. perhaps a topic title rename is warranted?.. I'm glad it got resolved (although painfully) and i understand how frustrating a Resto. - even a minor or partial one can be...  :pity:

BigBlackDodge

Professionalism was thrown out the window when you decided to trash the guy on the web without even trying to work things out first.

Nice. ::)

BBD

Ghoste

Quote from: 69Chrgr on July 13, 2011, 06:17:13 PMI'm still appauled at the pirranha style behavior of some(not all) on these websites when someone doesn't know absolutely every single specific of their car. People have exhibited animal like behavior in making personal attacks on me and for some reason my profession. Pretty much why I don't post much or get on here much. Thanks to those who have responded professionally however.

So if we had all jumped on the bandwagon of agreement and went on at great length about how terrible SMS are would we still be animalistic pirranha or instead would that make us a great bunch of fella's?

69Chrgr

Thank you to the last two posters for substantiating my claims.
Have a Nice DAy :lol:

stripedelete

Quote from: 69Chrgr on July 14, 2011, 11:34:47 AM

You're nuts.

BigBlackDodge

And yet you still trash SMS in the subject.  :slap:

BBD

68X426

Darren, go away. :shortbus:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

gtx6970

My honest opinion.

You got lucky.

If you had done me like was done to SMS , I would have taken my part back and told you to take your business elsewhere.

AKcharger

We wanna help ya' out there buddy, we all love Chargers but let me tell ya'...your in for a LOT of frustration restoring an old car so you better get used to it. You'll find most suppliers are reasonable people. Yup you can be screwed on rare occasion but for the  most part everyone is reasonable. But you WILL get the wrong parts, by mistake. You WILL have new parts not fit, even though their new. You WILL find parts don't look exactly like the old ones...it happens.

May I suggest the "golden rule" in the future: "do unto others as you'd have done to you."  It's simple courtesy

Tell ya' what...let me go one step further and share the RIGHT way to "flame" someone, this is from post http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25659.0.html

I'd like to add that any good automotive paint shop can match your interior paint as well. I had the local paint shop color match some bright blue and put it in arasol cans for my '72. Color match was perfect and was just as good as the MOPAINT I used for my 2003 '70 resto for about 1/2 the price, it's been on there for 5 years now and still good.

On a side note, when I used mopaint in 2003 it matched PERFECTLY, I was very pleased. Then when I did some touch-ups in 2005 with MOPAINT it was off...a lot. The '05 batch was more brown than burnt orange and  was "flat" where it should have been a semi-gloss. I spoke with the owner (Rob?) who apologized and sent another can...which was the same. I called again and sent some photos to explain the problem, but my repeated e-mails/calls were never answered and just I gave up. I will not use MOPAINTs again, local paint shops are just as good and cheaper

Troy

Looks like there's not much to add to the original topic...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.