News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shouldn't Have Read Disturbing Story.

Started by Old Moparz, January 12, 2006, 03:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

There was a copy of the New York Daily News laying in the table where I went to lunch today with a disturbing cover story. I was waiting for my food, so I decided, against my better judgement, to read it anyway. A seven year old girl was beaten & starved to death by her parents. Mainly by the step father, but the kid's mother didn't do squat to stop him so they're both guilty.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/382170p-324447c.html

Child Protective Services knew of the complaints, but it didn't help. Aside from something having to be done to make that agency work better, in my opinion, a few people need to be fired immediately for it.

ACS officials first investigated Nixzmary's family last May, after her school, Public School 256, said she had been missing for weeks, sources said. But child welfare workers dismissed the abuse charges and closed the case. A source said investigators believed Santiago's explanation that she had been ill because of pregnancy and had a hard time getting her children to school.

Yeah, nobody saw the scars, cuts, bruises & black eye she's had. ::)  What goes around comes around, the father will be a popular guy in the prison with his cell mates.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

CaptMarvel

There are several types of criminals who I strongly advocate the death penalty for, along with murderers, serial whackjobs, repeat drunk drivers (sorry drinking guys, but I mean it!), and child molester pervs, I say hang these child abusers too. The world and it's societies would benefit from being without them...I cant stand to see anyone suffer, especially children.. :flame:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: CaptMarvel on January 12, 2006, 03:39:48 PM
There are several types of criminals who I strongly advocate the death penalty for, along with murderers, serial whackjobs, repeat drunk drivers (sorry drinking guys, but I mean it!), and child molester pervs, I say hang these child abusers too. The world and it's societies would benefit from being without them...I cant stand to see anyone suffer, especially children.. :flame:
:iagree:

Is it just me, or does it seem that this trend to starve and/or beat kids is actually growing quite rapidly in the past decade or so? Maybe more of it is just making it's way into the news? I dunno, but it sucks.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Arthu®

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 12, 2006, 03:53:56 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem that this trend to starve and/or beat kids is actually growing quite rapidly in the past decade or so? Maybe more of it is just making it's way into the news? I dunno, but it sucks.

Just more make the news as more are being caught, this has probably been around since forever. It makes no difference to the fact that these people should be punished. I am not pro the death penalty so I say life in prison. They shouldn't live long there anyways, since I bet once the word get's around what they did they should have some nasty people on their necks.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

my73charger

Those kind of stories totally ruin my day.  I have a 5 year old son that is one of the best things that ever happened in my life.  I cannot imagine people that hurt kids like that.  Makes me sick.. :'(

moparguy01

In a lot of prisions things like that become the death penalty. alot of inmates dont care to much for child rapists and the likes of that type from what i've read. alot of them get killed by other inmates.

Doc74

Shouldn't have read disturbing thread......

depressing

Old Moparz

Maybe the reason I had read it was because I have a 6 year old daughter & felt compelled to see if there was a "logical" explanation. Of course there wasn't & I didn't really expect to see one, but it hits close to home when there is someone who is the same age. I don't know what would make someone do something like that, it's just complete insanity. The guy is a real POS who'll find out what it's like to be in her position very soon when the prison population meets him. My only hope is that he doesn't get solitary & has to look over his shoulder every second.

I know if I had lived in the same building & saw the things his neighbors were aware of, I'd have made it more public & not turned my head.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TruckDriver

Quote from: my73charger on January 12, 2006, 04:10:26 PM
Those kind of stories totally ruin my day.  I have a 5 year old son that is one of the best things that ever happened in my life.  I cannot imagine people that hurt kids like that.  Makes me sick.. :'(
:iagree:

My boys are my best friends. I would have a hard time living without them.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Telvis

Unforunately there are a lot of people in this world who view their children as disposable. It happens a lot more than you think. The sad thing is that the standard for prosecuting abuse is much lower than it should be. There are a lot of mistreated children out there. :rotz:

Brock Samson

that's why they're throwing the book atthe couple here who went to Vegas and left their kids as ponch/mojo posted,..
Now their gonna be an example... even their kids are testifying against the parents.

hemihead

This generation likes to have children for attention that it brings but doesn't want tied down with the responsibilty of raising them.Alot of parents sent their children to school to be raised.They have child controls on their TV's so they don't have to keep an eye on what their children watch.There are many more examples that people may call " Conviences" but the parents I knew when I was growing up raised their kids, watched over them and made sure we did what was right.If you want to go and do what you want , when you want don't have kids.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

4402tuff4u

It's a blessing that I'm not a police officer because make no mistake about it, I would probably be brought under charges of police brutality and murder. If I was the first officer responding to the scene my explanation to my superior would have been: " Lieutenant, he lunged at me several times saying he was going to kill a pig and kept going after my weapon I told him to freeze and not to fight back. I feared for my life.......Oh his broken face, well in the struggle, my weapon fell to the ground and I was fighting him off not to get to the weapon. I finally was able to reach for my weapon and warned him several more times but had to shoot him to stop him. I know sir that it sounds unbelievable but yes, he kept coming at me after 12 shots, it was unbelievable! I thought he might be on drugs or something" ............................."Oh the missing genitals? those were self inflicted, he said something that he was into pain and he was going to do that to me too!! :yesnod:

Seven years of torture to an innocent, defenseless angel in the hands of monsters makes you question many things, including your faith!!! :bawling:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"