News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

on to the next problem. radiator ...I love old cars..I love old cars...I love ol

Started by mpdlawdog, July 16, 2011, 01:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpdlawdog

1st thanks for all the help

I have been battling a heating problem for a while....I think its time for a new radiator....everything else is new and replaced and I am still having issues....I dont have much money so the cheaper the better...a recore I think is out of the question...I just want to drive without worries!  I see some on ebay that are reasonable ($200 or so).  are they any good or any other suggestions...thanks
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

Dans 68

So, what exactly is the problem? Overheat at idle? Freeway driving? Is the engine stock? Has there always been a cooling problem? If not when did it start? What water pump is on the car? Did you check that you have actual flow through the radiator? Have you checked the water temperature other than with the stock gauge? Are you running the stock fan? In my experience unless you amp up the load (a lot bigger engine) on the stock system the stock radiator should be just fine, and any cooling problems are generally not with the radiator.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259