News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Wiring Harness

Started by jasonjb75, July 01, 2011, 11:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonjb75

I am just getting ready to fire up my freshly rebuilt 440 in my Charger when I ran into a little road block.  I pulled out my wiring harness from it wrapper that I purchased from Year One and went to install it on the engine.  I only then realized that it was only 1/3 of the plug on the firewall.  Is there anyone decent that someone would recommend that would sell the rest of the harnesses at Carlisle? 

I am guessing if I get the forward harness this would include the remaining two plugs???
1969 Dodge Charger - 383HP w/ 4-Speed

Charger_Dart

One of the three bulkhead connectors goes to the wiper motor, so that one usually gets replaced when you refrub the wiper motor. Another one is for the engine, horn, washer connections. That one is pretty easy to replace.
IMHO Bill Evans makes excellent wiring harnesses and is at most big Mopar shows.  http://www.evanswiring.com/
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

terrible one

Yep I take it you just have the engine harness. The other two are the wiper motor and headlight harness. You can fire up the engine no problem without the other two harnesses, but the yellow lead to the starter relay comes from the headlight harness and goes to the starter relay. Just make a short wire to plug into the correct terminal that goes to the starter relay if you want to use the key. Otherwise just jump the relay.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Charger_Dart on July 01, 2011, 12:36:36 PM
One of the three bulkhead connectors goes to the wiper motor, so that one usually gets replaced when you refrub the wiper motor. Another one is for the engine, horn, washer connections. That one is pretty easy to replace.
IMHO Bill Evans makes excellent wiring harnesses and is at most big Mopar shows.  http://www.evanswiring.com/

He usually comes to Carlisle as well...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jasonjb75

Great guys, thanks a lot for your help!  I hope to see you all again out at the show next weekend!

jasonjb75

Is there a difference between a typical b body wiper harness and a charger harness?  I picked up the two harnesses today at the show and when I checked them out back at the hotel I noticed that it didn't look right. I think my old wiper harness had the wires coming out of it for the 4-speed reverse circuit. Just wanted to ask before I go talk to them tomorrow

CharcoalCharger

It's taken care of. Now we just have to get the horns working.

jasonjb75

Once the engine finally ran everything works now. Must have been a low voltage thing