News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler at Carlisle

Started by snagm z, February 16, 2011, 07:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

Arrived before noon at Ramada in Mechanicville.    Had lunch at the Longhorn.    George68hemiRR and myself.

It's Hot,  and it started raining some.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

y3chargerrt

The weather should be getting better (fingers crossed)..  http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USPA0234:1:US

66FBCharger

Is there a cruise/get together in Carlisle tonight? If so, where is it.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

FJ5WING

walked around today and scored some trinkets here and there before heading for home. Ill be heading back tomorrow for the last three days straight.  :shruggy: when it was hot it was really hot...when it was wet it was really wet. :P

stop and say hi  :cheers: if you see me camped out behind the convertible.
wingless now, but still around.

BrianShaughnessy

The pre-show turned out better than expected with all the rain earlier.  Big thanks to the Mopar Rebellion  :cheers:

Met Herb McCanless and Lou Santiago...  and a cast of assorted misfits from dc.com and elsewhere :2thumbs:

Also it was school girl night at Hooters but I forgot the camera  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bobs66440

We're heading out of here in a few. Should be there early afternoon.   :2thumbs:

Checked the weather and we're going to try to drive between the rain drops.  :P

71ChallengeHer

Drove to Carlisle. Parked at the bathrooms. It's a freaking monsoon.  :eek2: So,  I'm back home.  :pity: Hopefully tomorrow is nice.  :2thumbs:

Bob

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 08, 2011, 01:47:52 PM
Drove to Carlisle. Parked at the bathrooms. It's a freaking monsoon.  :eek2: So,  I'm back home.  :pity: Hopefully tomorrow is nice.  :2thumbs:

We ended up staying under the canopy for about 2 hours. It was nice though, had Tillar, Topher and Tuffcat to talk to. Hope you have a good time tomorrow Jackie. Friday is my only day up.

y3chargerrt

Saturday on the fairgrounds was great! Friday not so good!

Cooter

Twas there Thursday through Today. just got home. Had a blast. John drove my General Lee on Friday, as well as my good friends on Sat. Made his week. I was just glad to see him happy. Signed both cars as well. Alot of headache messin' with Carlisle "Planners" to try and get the stars there and set up, but all in all, not a bad weekend. Just HAD to rain Friday, thank goodness we were in the building all weekend. The picture above was of my friends General Lee. Don't know if you guys met him and his wife, but his name was "Roy"..Helluva nice guy. Met some of you when you came by the building. Some of you might have seen us cruising one of Carlisle's Green Golf Carts with a Gold Grille "V" Emblem glued to the front.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TUFCAT

Sorry I missed you Cooter. I guess I was at the wrong place at the wrong time... :shruggy:

y3chargerrt

I chatted with Roy and his wife a bit. Great people!

Cooter

Here's a little sampler Carlisle Events put together...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnewyAb0-T0&feature=player_embedded

These are a few to get you started....

This was the autograph line as of only 5min. into Friday....It reached a fever pitch of around the corner and down about three car lengths for a total of about 300FT. long...

This is my good friend Roy.. We had a blast!! He was beside himself with pride this weekend...
This was right before John drove HIS General Lee at Carlisle.....Roy will have to get me video and pics of My General Lee, but the video does show it pretty well..

And here's John signing my GL....

And here's Lou Santiago and son...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

4cruzin

Right before that parade down to the grandstand, all the celebs had breakfast with some winners from local radio stations and I was lucky enough to be able to join them.  Had a buffet breakfast with eggs, bacon, potatos and some fruit.   Spent about an hour with them all asking questions and shootin' the sh!t.   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Brads70

Quote from: Cooter on July 10, 2011, 04:51:51 PM

Twas there Thursday through Today. just got home. Had a blast. John drove my General Lee on Friday, as well as my good friends on Sat. Made his week. I was just glad to see him happy. Signed both cars as well. Alot of headache messin' with Carlisle "Planners" to try and get the stars there and set up, but all in all, not a bad weekend. Just HAD to rain Friday, thank goodness we were in the building all weekend. The picture above was of my friends General Lee. Don't know if you guys met him and his wife, but his name was "Roy"..Helluva nice guy. Met some of you when you came by the building. Some of you might have seen us cruising one of Carlisle's Green Golf Carts with a Gold Grille "V" Emblem glued to the front.

It was great to finally meet you!  :2thumbs:  Glad you made it home safe and sound!

Troy

So... I got the results from the club participation. We managed to have only 8 cars registered - 4th lowest of all 29 clubs with a tent. But, to be fair, remember that cars invited to be in the buildings or special displays do not count. I believe there were at least 7 of these which could have added to our total. As mentioned previously, we need 25 to qualify for a free tent. In previous years we've always been close to 20.

On the brighter side, and even though we weren't offering lunch this year, we had a great turnout for the group photo (even without a bunch of people forgot about it - again!). Every year I am introduced to members I've never met - and that's the big attraction (for me at least) to this show. The cars become secondary to all the great people. Thanks to Tufcat and Tilar for passing a hat and collecting enough donations to cover the tent expenses. I really do appreciate it!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

4cruzin

And I noticed that the cc.com site only had 14 . . . Not enough either.   :shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Topher

Where's the group pic? Or pics I should say.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Tilar

Quote from: Troy on July 12, 2011, 10:58:29 AM
The cars become secondary to all the great people. Thanks to Tufcat and Tilar for passing a hat and collecting enough donations to cover the tent expenses. I really do appreciate it!

Troy

It's definitely great meeting the people, and I'm glad that there was enough to cover the tent even though it didn't look like there was that much there. That's a lot of cost for one person to absorb when so many reap the benefits.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Tilar on July 12, 2011, 03:14:13 PM
Quote from: Troy on July 12, 2011, 10:58:29 AM
The cars become secondary to all the great people. Thanks to Tufcat and Tilar for passing a hat and collecting enough donations to cover the tent expenses. I really do appreciate it!

Troy

It's definitely great meeting the people, and I'm glad that there was enough to cover the tent even though it didn't look like there was that much there. That's a lot of cost for one person to absorb when so many reap the benefits.

Dave, I agree with you 100%. I know many members who came up and paid Troy even before the hat was passed....and you're right it's a small price to pay for shade, security for your stuff, and protection from rain as we found out on Friday.