News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

finding an old gas pump

Started by fireguyfire, July 09, 2011, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

I am thinking that a late sixties or early seventies gas pump would look real cool outside my shop where I store my cars. I don't care if it needs work to make it look nice.
How do you guys suggest I go about finding one of these? I have been surfing the internet and other than earlier pumps that have been restored and are worth stupid money, I dont seem to see many of this vintage out there.
Anybody done this hunt, or got a suggestion?
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

Brock Lee

Look for real low level junk/Antique dealers in really rural areas. These guys usually get the real bottom of the  barrel stuff and hate to throw anything away. Also, talk to people that own little mom and pop gas stations that have been around a while. Sometimes they will keep the older ones in storage.

70 Battle Horse

I managed to get a hold of a mid 70's gas pump that no longer functioned. I gutted out all the internals, and set forth to make a garage decor piece out of the shell... It was missing a lot of odds and ends, so I had to fabricate a few parts... I even came up with a design for a lighted "price topper". I wanted it to boast a HEMI / Challenger / Scat Pack theme. so I took a few liberties during the resto!!!! Such as a HEMI front light bar, and I plan on putting the same Scat Pack Bee design that I have for my Challengers nose badge onto a clear graphic decal that I will place onto the price light !!!

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

GordonGriggs

I wonder if anyone could convert one of those old gas pumps into a mini refridge for the garage? Looks like there would be enough room in the bottom section.

68blue

Lennard

This guy sells old gas pumps, I bought one from him years ago and he had a trailer full of gas pumps.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mapplegate/3552044077/

68coronetGLwannabe

I found all mine on Craigslist, I see a few from the 60's and 70's era local to me in the Phoenix AZ area.  I see your in Canada so I guess AZ wont help. Keep looking they are out there. Good luck
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

twodko

I think it would be a fairly easy project to fit a "dorm" size reefer into one of these old pumps.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

70 Battle Horse

Some more details...I created the decals with my computer and printer = using special paper

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

70 Battle Horse

fireguyfire

What do you guys think I should be expecting to pay for a beat up late 60's, early 70's gas pump?
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: fireguyfire on July 12, 2011, 09:52:04 PM
What do you guys think I should be expecting to pay for a beat up late 60's, early 70's gas pump?
For a an old "beat up "I would be expecting to pay @ $250 - $300 if complete..  I have a line on a VGC 1968 single hose pump , that I am probably gonna havta fork over @ $500- $600 to get it....I have found several websites that cater new cabinet parts for 60s -70s pumps...for example I can get the lower SS cabinet panels for $46  a piece. With the "HEMI" pump  project above that I am workin on...most of the items so far, I have snagged off of ebay for cheap prices !

rt green

third string oil changer

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!