News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need advise on a power steering pump pulley. Newbie

Started by DR440, September 02, 2011, 09:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR440

Just picked myself up a 72 Dodge Charger Rallye. Factory triple black finish, Believed to be a One Of One special order.  Matching numbers.

More details here http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,84244.0.html

Hoping you guys can help me out as I live in Australia and information here is scarce .  It is fitted with a federal power steering pump and no surprise it has a buckled pulley. Press fit 3 spoke. Can anybody tell me where I can source one please.  :cheers:

I have tried all of the following:

bouchillonperformance.com
440 source
mancini racing,
year one
summit
jegs.

Summit seem to have and after market polished aluminium one but would prefer to stay original if I can

Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

DR440

Nacho-RT74

yes for that year, not for earliers though, so shouldn't be a problem like it is being now :shruggy:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chryco Psycho

not really , the federal pump was used until around 71 when they switched to the GM Saginaw unit
I would look for a good used unit

DR440

The pump itself is fine.  Just cant seem to find a pulley.  Mind you being quite new to the Mopar scene I might not be able to see the forest for the tress so to speak.

I keep seeing pulleys for Federal pumps but as used on Hemis.  I'm assuming that for the 440 that the pulley is different to that used on the Hemi?

Mine measures 6&7/8" dia.  

PS
A good used one in Australia, knowing my luck mine is the only one in Australia.   :lol:

Spare parts down here have to be shipped in from your home land as required.

Chryco Psycho

Post a want ad here
Check Ebay & Craigs list also Kijiji
you may have to buy the whole pump to get the pulley
I am not positive about the Hemi one fitting , even though the front of the 440 & Hemi is the same the pulley system may be different depending on the year of the Hemi pump

DR440

Thanks I'll do that. 

Just one question, what or who the heck is Kijiji?  Obviously I know the other two but never heard of that one.

BrianShaughnessy

Try www.car-part.com  to search for a used pump...  it searches US/Canada junkyards.   

Other than that keep searching on ebay, moparts, etc.   Good luck  :cheers:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Chryco Psycho