News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So, how long should it take to get a package from Canada? UPDATE!!!

Started by Daytona R/T SE, January 11, 2006, 10:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

On Dec 12th I paypal'ed a guy in Canada for a part, I'm in the USA. How long should it take to get a package to Illinois?  Of course the tracking number the guy gave me doesn't show up ANYWHERE  :o and the seller answers his e-mail every 8-10 days wether he needs to or not. I know it can take some time to come from another country, and throw the holidays right in the middle of the whole thing...I've been very patient and I'm not pissed....yet...it'll be a month tommorrow, how much longer should I wait until I fire the Cummins up and point it toward the great white north? :drive: :shruggy: :ahum: :slap:

694spdRT

I don't think it should take that long.....I bought headrest parts from a guy in Canada a couple years ago and I think it was around a week give or take a little from the time he shipped.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

rare69

i live in washington state, and i have received several parts from Canada and it usually takes seven to ten days. i  just received a money order from Ontario Canada and it took about a week to get here. i would keep checking up on this character!

DC_1

depends how he shipped it....UPS, FedEx, Purolator even ground wouldn't be more than a week......If it went by mail then it could take 2 weeks.

65post

I have shipped several parts south and it takes anywhere from 3 to 10 days depending on how long it is kept at the border.1 month though seems a little long.You might have to warm up that cummins and plan a road trip !
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Daytona R/T SE

He shipped it Canada Post....I'm wondering--do they hand that off to UPS or something at the border? Or do they just strap it on the back off a drunk moose, slap it on the ass and hope for the best?

694spdRT

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 12, 2006, 12:02:24 AM
He shipped it Canada Post....I'm wondering--do they hand that off to UPS or something at the border? Or do they just strap it on the back off a drunk moose, slap it on the ass and hope for the best?

:smilielol:

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

67_Dodge_Charger

It depends on the size of the package and the carrier.  The package is probably held up in customs.  I have had a package take three weeks from Canada.  I would add 10 working days for expected delivery from Canada.  It is too bad the seller is not prompt with email contact.  

Good Luck
-Robert

Todd Wilson

I've had stuff take a month to get to canada. It probably is sitting in customs some where.

Todd

Daytona R/T SE

If it's sitting in customs somewhere, that's fine with me...waiting really isn't the problem. The useless tracking number combined with the s-l-o-o-o-o-o-w   e-mail responses is what's getting to me...Guess I'll go top off the tank on the Cummins in the morning...just in case... :drive:

Dueppy

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 11, 2006, 10:58:50 PM
On Dec 12th I paypal'ed a guy in Canada for a part, I'm in the USA. How long should it take to get a package to Illinois?  Of course the tracking number the guy gave me doesn't show up ANYWHERE  :o and the seller answers his e-mail every 8-10 days wether he needs to or not. I know it can take some time to come from another country, and throw the holidays right in the middle of the whole thing...I've been very patient and I'm not pissed....yet...it'll be a month tommorrow, how much longer should I wait until I fire the Cummins up and point it toward the great white north? :drive: :shruggy: :ahum: :slap:
It took 5 days from Canada to Germany last month...  ;)

derailed

DC_1

He didn't write "Bomb Making Material" on it anywhere did he?.....that tends to slow thing down a little......

twilt

If shipping to Canada via USPS, there are basically 3 options. global express 3-5 days, Airmail parcel post 4-10 days, Surface post 4-6 weeks.
my experience is that i have shipped only the first two ways and delivery times were usually slightly longer than as advertised. Of these 3 options,
only the global express (most expensive option) has any  tracking number.   Shipping from Canada to U.S. via canadien post office probably has similiar options. If they guy happened to ship your item via surface post (cheapest method), there will not be a tracking number and it very well could take a month or two for the pkg to get delivered to the U.S.  If my buyers are not willing to pay the extra $$ for express shipping to Canada, i wont ship to them. I absolutely refuse to ship anything without any type of tracking number.     :Twocents: :Twocents:

dodgecharger-fan

A small point, but you said you paid him a month ago, but didn't say when exactly he said he shipped it out.

That aside, depending on the shipping method, you could expect 3 to 4 weeks easily. Yes, there are overnight and even same day options but at stupid prices.
Average-sized, easy-to-ship stuff that doesn't get held up in customs can fly through in a couple of days. If it's a big or high value package, you can be sure it's spent some time waitng for someone at customs to check it out.

With regards to the tracking number, most postal services don't really update the tracking information until it's delivered. Kind of pointless in my opinion.
Both USPS and Canada post have that problem - again that's with certain shipping methods/rates that the postal services offer.

6pkrunner

I is so random as not to be predictable. I can get stuff from California in three days and stuff from Maine in 3 weeks. I am waitung for a package from North Carolina since December 04 - so I am waiting longer than you so far. The same guy sent me something last year that took 6 entire weeks.
And me sending to Colorado - when it hits the CO. state border it goes into hibernation. So you have to be patient. Its all the postal systems - not just the Ken Adian fellows.

twilt

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on January 12, 2006, 11:08:21 AM

With regards to the tracking number, most postal services don't really update the tracking information until it's delivered. Kind of pointless in my opinion.

As a seller who ships close to 2000 pkgs each year, my need for a tracking number is not so the buyer can track their package. i could care less about that. My concern is that i can prove that i shipped a package if a buyer files a non-receipt complaint  against me with paypal. If i dont have a tracking/confirmation number, paypal will refund the transaction to the buyer, if a non-receipt complaint is filed.   

Pistolpete

QuoteHe shipped it Canada Post....I'm wondering--do they hand that off to UPS or something at the border? Or do they just strap it on the back off a drunk moose, slap it on the ass and hope for the best?

We stopped using moose ages ago, now we prefer to use well trimmed beavers - usually don't have as many problems at customs  :icon_smile_big:

honestly, I think it just depends, took 6 weeks to get a package up from USA around Christmas so nothing surprises me anymore, I'd more more pissed about the slow responses.....
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Daytona R/T SE

Thanks for the replies, guys. I guess I'll just wait a little longer before flipping out. On the other hand, the seller not answering my e-mails is inexcusable  :flame:

P.S. I'll be on the look out for those well trimmed beavers  :smilielol:

Shakey

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 12, 2006, 06:20:21 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. I guess I'll just wait a little longer before flipping out. On the other hand, the seller not answering my e-mails is inexcusable  :flame:

P.S. I'll be on the look out for those well trimmed beavers  :smilielol:

Watch out for the teeth!

NHCharger

Shakey sent me a wiring harness from Ontario to NH. Took about 3 weeks via the Canadian PO system, it was Xmas time too.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

doctorpimp

I love the way things are now with eBay and forum buy-an-sells etc.  When I last had a classic Mopar 12 years ago, I would have to wait for shows etc to get parts.
THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS SHIPPING!!!!!!!
Most of you saw the battle another member and I had on this forum concerning "non receipt of an item"  No names, no pack-drill... :icon_smile_dead:

When I first started buying/selling items, I made the mistake of using the cheapest method avail.  You get your item, but it's on the "slow-boat-to-China" or in our case the "fattest-slowest-not-so-well-trimmed-beaver"  ;D  That 6-8 weeks delivery quote from TV comes to mind :P  In fact, a seller shipped an item from NJ to me in ON, using "Ground" it took 7 weeks.  I shipped a PS2 game to CA using the cheap method it took 5 weeks!!!!  All items were properly marked.
I always specify "airmail" or FedEx when I buy an item and only quote Canada Post "Priority Post" > Ask for this when you buy something, it's one step below courrier, but usually 6-10 days to any location in the US!
By the sounds of his tardy email responses, he's a bit lazy and would try to squeeze the extra money out of his sale by using the cheapest postal service available. 

Remember, you only have so long to file a complaint with eBay and PayPal!!!!
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Daytona R/T SE

Well, I got an e-mail from the seller tonight, so all is not lost.  Still looking out the window for the drunk moose and the well-trimmed beavers..... :icon_smile_wink:

mopar_madman

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 13, 2006, 01:26:52 AM
Well, I got an e-mail from the seller tonight, so all is not lost.  Still looking out the window for the drunk moose and the well-trimmed beavers..... :icon_smile_wink:

You didn't order from classic bodyparts did you?
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Nacho-RT74

I sent from Venezuela a BIG BOX with 17 kg stuff to Canada to dodgecharger_fan and took two and a half days... that was my first deal :D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html