News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Movie recommendation: Love The Beast

Started by Hemidog, November 18, 2009, 02:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

Just watched it, and loved it. Not any mopar stuff, but if you like old aussie/us muscle cars, I think you will enjoy this movie.  :2thumbs:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1284028/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srI1rSORJ2E

Arthu®

I need to find it, they had him on Top Gear as a guest last Sunday. Cool guy and the documentary looks promising.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

NYCMille

Totally agree... just a good ole' fashion car movie.  :2thumbs:

Mr.Woolery

Haven't seen it yet, but have heard GREAT things about it.  Looking forward to watching it.
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

LeadfootBob

Just saw it, excellent!  :2thumbs:
I don't know if the non-gearhead majority will understand exactly what it's about, but it really hit home with me.
So... Anybody up for the Targa Tasmania?  :D
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

68r/t

I thought it was one of the best love stories I had ever watched,  you need to be a car person to understand the film.
The non car critics at the time thought it was a self promoting film about Eric Bana by Eric Bana.

bull

I just got around to watching this movie and I enjoyed it very much. Never knew much about Bana but I liked his work in Star Trek. I ddin't even know he was Australian until today. :P

Anyway, it looks like he finally got the car rebuilt: http://www.xfalcon.com/forum/showthread.php?35382-Eric-Bana-s-XB-rebuilt

Brass

An excellent movie - worth the watch.   :2thumbs:

Bob T

Top Movie about his Car and mates, its been out for a while here.
He's quite a well known actor and good at it as well, was really good in the Chopper movie. Google it if you want.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

gschmidt211

This is a fantastic movie.

Thanks for the link above.  It is nice to see he is putting it back together.  I would have liked to see him put it back to more of the original car, but it is nice to see he is back into the car again.

It is on Netflix streaming and DVD.

Well worth the watch. 
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

FLG

Loved the movie, i thought it was great especially when they got that T-Bird running around (Ive got a soft spot since i had a 67 t-bird as well)

With his car being wrecked i felt bad, but at the same time that guy has more than enough cash to fix it and the car is FAR too modified from stock to feel bad about it losing originality,

Magnumcharger

A great movie, regardless of the car-aspect! My family watched the movie along with me and we all thouroughly enjoyed it.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

bull

Did anyone else happen to notice how pissed Bana got when Clarkson told him that muscle cars are all crap? Bana didn't say anything but if looks could kill... :o

FLG

LOOL sure did Curtis...Clarkson always hated muscle cars, needs to be "proper" unlike his buddy Richard who not only love muscle cars but loves chargers.

doctor4766

I've often wondered if this movie was a real doco or just put together to look like a doco.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it as much as the next guy especially since it's local to me and features cars I've grown up with. But the jury is still out as to whether I'd bother watching it again.
Gotta love a '69