News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopars in Making of Men in Black III

Started by bobs66440, July 03, 2011, 09:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobs66440

My buddy's '68 Charger and '68 Coronet were hired a few weeks ago to shoot some scenes in NYC for MIB III. He and his family had to have the cars there early in the morning and they spent most of the day shooting takes with a bunch of other pre-'69 cars.

He's not sure if they will make the final cut, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

bobs66440

bobs66440

Alaskan_TA

Is time travel part of the plot? I see 1970 bees in the window of an earlier model.  :shruggy:

BananaDan

How do you get your car into a movie like that?
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: BananaDan on July 03, 2011, 10:17:36 PM
Houw do you get your car into a movie like that?

http://www.autofilmclub.com/default.htm  based in Staten Island

http://www.movietimecars.com/ based in NJ

Been called a few times but nothing ever panned out....  who does your friend use?  very cool stuff :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Darkman

Well done!  Looks like MIB III is now on my must see movie list!

The Charger looks very nice, but there's something about that Coronet too  :drool5:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

bobs66440

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 03, 2011, 10:36:50 PM
Quote from: BananaDan on July 03, 2011, 10:17:36 PM
Houw do you get your car into a movie like that?

http://www.autofilmclub.com/default.htm  based in Staten Island

http://www.movietimecars.com/ based in NJ

Been called a few times but nothing ever panned out....  who does your friend use?  very cool stuff :cheers:

Not sure but I can ask him. His Coronet has already been in one movie, Taking Woodstock.

BrianShaughnessy

Very cool.   :cheers:        I really don't care for MIB movies ( too much CGI effects and stupid alien monsters ) but it's cool to know people involved anyway.

I remember a couple three years ago they were looking for cars for Taking Woodstock up around here...   stock only.
They didn't want George's tunnel ram HEMI road runner for some reason  :lol:     
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

charger rt clone

Hey! Those are some nice pictures that you have posted.  Looks like they ( oops, we ) had fun there.

bobs66440

Quote from: charger rt clone on July 04, 2011, 10:31:41 PM
Hey! Those are some nice pictures that you have posted.  Looks like they ( oops, we ) had fun there.
Hi there! 'Bout time you joined us!!

charger rt clone

I've been a member since 8-21-2005 !!!!

xpbprox

Quote from: charger rt clone on July 05, 2011, 09:24:10 AM
You my friend are the hide and seek forum champion of the world!
How did you get away with only 3 posts this whole time haha.

bobs66440

Quote from: xpbprox on July 05, 2011, 10:04:07 AM
Quote from: charger rt clone on July 05, 2011, 09:24:10 AM
You my friend are the hide and seek forum champion of the world!
How did you get away with only 3 posts this whole time haha.
Yeah! That's what I was thinking! Must be shy...

lee2

Quote from: bobs66440 on July 03, 2011, 09:54:16 PM
A bit of the car subject but its the chick form austin powers!!! ha ha. But very cool cars.
Welcome to Hazzard County. They do things different here.

xpbprox

Just saw the movie, cant say that I remember too many mopars...

bobs66440

We went to see it yesterday. I may have seen the Coronet flash by in one shot...hard to tell. Bottom line, his cars didn't make the final cut in any significant way.

charger rt clone

any significant way ??? Sob, sob, sob ...... every movie needs background cars too, you know.

bobs66440

Quote from: charger rt clone on May 26, 2012, 08:47:10 AM
any significant way ??? Sob, sob, sob ...... every movie needs background cars too, you know.
Ok, let me clarify. I meant not significantly noticeable, meaning they weren't noticeable in the final cut...besides the flash-by mentioned.  :icon_smile_wink:  See you at 3:30  :2thumbs:

charger rt clone

A383Wing

Fred

Quote from: Darkman on July 04, 2011, 12:53:35 AM
Well done!  Looks like MIB III is now on my must see movie list!

Same here. I wasn't going to until I spotted all these super cars. Now I can't wait.  :drool5: :drool5:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Kern Dog

Last year at the LA Spring Fling, I was at the Motion Picture Car warehouse shindig. They had a few mid 60s Plymouths there getting prepped for the movie.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on July 03, 2011, 10:02:25 PM
Is time travel part of the plot? I see 1970 bees in the window of an earlier model.  :shruggy:
Yes, it involves J going back in time  :eek2: to save a young K.

Mike DC

I just saw this movie last night.  

It was a lot better than I expected.  This one had less footage of CGI aliens and a more character driven storyline than I remember the first two having.  

The 3D was worth a few extra bucks.  There were some scenes that made good use of it.

Fred

Good to hear as I do want to check it out for the mopars.  :2thumbs:

charger490

i was in this movie with the 58 plymouth. i got to talk with the actors and they gave us food as well as a change of clothes for the 50s .

bobs66440

Quote from: charger490 on May 28, 2012, 01:26:31 PM
i was in this movie with the 58 plymouth. i got to talk with the actors and they gave us food as well as a change of clothes for the 50s .
Cool! Congratz!

Fred

Quote from: bobs66440 on May 28, 2012, 01:55:16 PM
Quote from: charger490 on May 28, 2012, 01:26:31 PM
Cool! Congratz!

yeah! cool :2thumbs:

Ponch ®

speaking of MOPARS in retro flicks...anyone catch Dark Shadows. Eva Green  :drool5: rolls around in a 71 Cuda Convertible and I spotted a few A-bodies as "extras".
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West