News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did all 1970 Chargers have tail light trim panel?

Started by 808cuda, July 02, 2011, 05:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

808cuda

My understanding is XH Chargers did not cone with tail light trim panels but the XP & XS cars did, is this correct?
Thanks in advance!

BananaDan

I'm pretty sure that is correct. You could also ask over at 1970chargerregistry.com.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Richard Cranium

My old 1970 Charger 500 (383 4spd) came with a tail trim panel.
I am Dr. Remulac

808cuda

Thanks for the input everyone, much appreciated!

BIGBLCK11

I believe it was used on the XH also.  I have an original panel with the Charger script and an arrow, not R/T or 500.  I have seen others this way too.  I was looking through that brochure above for reference, but it must have been made early, as it does not show or mention the finish panel on any of the pages for any model.

bull

My XH '70 never had the added tail panel to my knowledge. It wasn't there when I bought it in 1981.

Ghoste

The missing tail panel trim was one of the cost cutting measures to keep the price low on the XH.  Today they call it decontenting, in 1970 they called it "Dodge Charger Is Tickled Pink Over It's New Lower Price". :icon_smile_big:

472 R/T SE

A lot harder to get say, a Challenger "decontented" nowadays unless you buy the body in white ride.

6PakBee

Tailight panel and door cushions went away with the XH.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 6PakBee on October 29, 2011, 11:39:02 PM
Tailight panel and door cushions went away with the XH.

So did the standard bucket seats.... As the advertisement... "You weren't loosing buckets, you're gaining a passenger"...... 
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection