News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Awkward rear brake noise... help?

Started by ncroadrage, July 02, 2011, 03:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncroadrage

Hi, I recently purchased a 2007 Charger SXT with disc brakes all around. Today, I started hearing a strange noise coming from my left rear brake area and noticed a considerable amount of brake dust on my wheel, compared with the other wheels. The noise will start like a clunk and then continue to sound like clatter, getting faster when I drive faster. Sometimes it sounds like a scratch, almost like a dishwasher, also getting faster while I accelerate. I was wondering if anybody knew what those symptoms equate to, because my friend says it sounds like a warped rotor, and I just want to know from your guys' opinion.

P.S. The brakes work fine, I can stop my vehicle, but the noise... it worries me.

Thanks,

Nathan

**UPDATE**
After driving it, it seems like a continuous scratching. Maybe my pads are continuously rubbing against my rotors?

Rolling_Thunder

check the pad thickness - you might be down to the "squealer" making it scratch the rotor...      if so it just means its time to get the brakes done.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

ncroadrage

Checked my pads... they have a lot of meat on them. I'm thinking they could be glazed? or perhaps its my E-brake making the noise?

ncroadrage

I jacked the car up and found a type of spring that looked out of place. I wiggled it, and it popped out a little bit, but it's not coming out. Does anyone know what this spring is for?