News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need advice on trany parts

Started by BBKNARF, July 07, 2011, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBKNARF

Right now I'm using a stock 727, except for the valve body from SMR, and converter, 9 1/2" Dynamic, installing this coming weekend.
It's bolted on a 451 big block pushing just over 500 hp, I drive it on the street but take it to the track a couple of times of the season,
so far the transmission is holding together quite well, it shifts hard  :2thumbs:
In the near feature I'm building a 500 cu.in. pushing approx. 600-650 hp.
I need to know what parts are needed to build a street/strip transmission,  :shruggy: nothing to extreme.
Thank you.

P.S. Brand names and part # would help, thanks

Frank
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

firefighter3931

A good billet steel front drum is important because if the rear over-running clutch (sprag) ever lets go you will avoid a nasty explosion.  :o

I went with a 4.2 kickdown lever, heavy duty band strut and billet aluminum servos. The front planetary set has also been upgraded to steel from the (stock) aluminum.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs