News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Really? They're still trying this s#%@ ?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, June 28, 2011, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

I have one of my cars listed for sale on a couple of different sites.

I got this e-mail today...

INQUIRING ABOUT YOUR VEHICLE POSTED FOR SALE !!!

Mike Thony (mikethony@gmail.com)

My Name is Mike Anthony and my wife's name is Cindy Susan ,we're highly interested in purchasing your VEHICLE posted for sale on imperialclub. so we want you to get back to us with the present condition,your location and the last price you're willing to sell it,we reside at South Laurel , MD,but for the shipment,you do not need to bother yourself about it,because we have a reputable shipping company that will be coming over to your location for the pick up after payment had been made,Moreover so I'll Like To Know The Following Details..

1.The present condition of the item?

2.Why you want to sell it?

3.Position of the title?

4.Final asking price.?

5.Let me know the pickup arrangement though I've a reliable shipper who use
to take care of my shipment that can come for the pickup.

6 And payment arrangement by bank certified check will be fine for me So i am  waiting  to hear from you asap

And if you accept a bank certified check i will like to have your details
Many Thanks
Mr Mike

....Do people really still fall for this crap?  :shruggy:

Is his name "Mike Thony" or..."Mike AN-thony"?  :shruggy: :slap:

...Should I respond and ask to see a nude picture of "Cindy Susan" ? :eek2:

Alaskan_TA

Go to www.google.com

Enter the words;

mike anthony scam

& start reading. You may be there a while..........

A383Wing

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 28, 2011, 10:32:08 PM

go for it....ask if she has a sister

Daytona R/T SE

gtx6970

Don't feel bad.
I get emails like this 3 or 4 times a week, ( just one of the problems with an email address posted in a public domain )

Why just this morning I got this one. from this guy - From: Mr. K LUMOH <klumoh@e1.ru

So it looks like I might finally be able to afford to by my dream car afterall.

"--

Kind Attention Pls:

I am the bill and exchange manager of a prime bank in Ivory Coast. I write to seek your cooperation over this business deal.

In my department, I discovered abandoned sum of (USD 12 Million) in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customers, a national of your country & contractor with an oil servicing company, who died along with his entire family in a plane crash that took place in Kenya.  We have been expecting his next of kin or business associate to come and claim his sum because it cannot be released unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or business associate as indicated in banking guidelines.
Unfortunately, all his supposed next of kin died along with him at the plane crash. You can read more about the crash on visiting this site: - http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/07/20/kenya.crash/index.html
it is therefore upon this discovery, I decided to make this business with you, to release the sum to your account as the next of kin or business associate.
The banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such fund remains dormant after (8) years; will be transferred into the bank treasury as unclaimed.

All I require is your honest cooperation as foreign citizen to enable us sees this deal under legitimate arrangement that will protect from any breach of the law.
I will like us to share this sum mutually on two equal halves between me and you.
Pls understand that this is privileged information and must be strictly confidential.
If you can handle this with me, reach me for more details.

Regards.............. Kosses Lumoh."

nh_mopar_fan

Apparently, I win lotteries where I didn't buy a ticket almost daily.  :cheers:

Do people still fall for this crap? They wouldn't continue doing it if they didn't get some level of success.

Hell, just look on here and see posts like "The IRS won't email" and "Is this $5400 Superbird on Ebay a scam?".   :slap:

It amazes me that anyone still falls for this stuff.  ::)

Free hint: If you get email from any bank or agency asking you to log in, don't click on the link in the email. Open another window and go to the website directly and log in to see if some action is required. Better yet, call.  :yesnod:

tan top

Quote from: A383Wing on June 28, 2011, 10:56:28 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 28, 2011, 10:32:08 PM

go for it....ask if she has a sister

:lol:   :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Brock Samson

the new thing is folks selling their facebook friends list to advertisers... you gotta be pretty low-life to do that.  :-\

bull

I can't believe Mike Anthony would be involved in any scamming. He got screwed by the VH boys but I still can't imagine him being this desperate for money.

Wicked72

I love how the certified check is good for them and will be an exceptable form of payment! :smilielol: My wife works in the fraud dept for our local bank and those checks are not even worth the paper they are printed on anymore.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Daytona R/T SE

Today's little tidbit:

Sylvia Cole (slvcole171@gmail.com)

Hello Seller,
     How are you doing today?Am highly interested in your item..i want
to know if the item is still available for sale,i want you to answer
the question below:
(1)Why are you selling the item?
(2)Are the first owner of the item?
(3)What is the condition of the item?
(4)Do you accept a cashier check as mode of payment?
(5)Get back to me with the final asking price of the item

Kindly get back to me as soon as possible so the payment will be issued asap..
Regards.

::)

elanmars

Quote from: bull on June 29, 2011, 05:31:34 PM
I can't believe Mike Anthony would be involved in any scamming. He got screwed by the VH boys but I still can't imagine him being this desperate for money.

LOL!!!
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

moparstuart

Quote from: bull on June 29, 2011, 05:31:34 PM

i bet it was that bitch casey anthony who murdered her kid
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE