News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler 300 to receive new 3.0 liter commonrail diesel

Started by Charger_Croatia, January 11, 2006, 03:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Croatia

I had conversation with local dealer about news for 2006. The most interesting for me was introduction of DODGE brand on our market, up to now only Chrysler was present here. It seems some Dodge models will be released for 2006 (Caliber as first to come).

But, than he told me that new engine will be offered in 300 - new 3.0 liter Mercedes commonrail diesel. I'm not sure about US market, but for Europen it will be for sure. I must say that I was surprised with that, since 300 will be direct rival to Mercedes E class which had privilege of diesel power.

We'll see how it will go here.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

WM23N1

When the wife and I bought our Jeep liberty limited 4wd in august the dealer told us that it was chryslers plan to offer a diesel engine in every model in the next couple of years. Maybe they will build a... :rotz: 4 door diesel challenger :sick:
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

Brock Samson

See this is what pisses me off about DCX,...
   They knew back when they tried to market the 300 M in Europe that everyone wanted a CRD, and here it is '1/06 and they still haven't quite got the CRD Liberty and PT Cruiser on the market...  :P
  BTW: they sell the 300/C station wagon "over there". "Touring" i think it's called..

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: WM23N1 on January 11, 2006, 03:43:11 PM
When the wife and I bought our Jeep liberty limited 4wd in august the dealer told us that it was chryslers plan to offer a diesel engine in every model in the next couple of years. Maybe they will build a... :rotz: 4 door diesel challenger :sick:

Oh, I forgot one thing to tell you guys.
New Grand Cherokee is already available with this 3.0 liter CRD engine here.

Strat, PT is available with 2.2 CRD from last year here. And yes, "300C Touring" is wagon. To be honest, I was told that 300C Touring is Magnum in Chrysler dressing.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport