News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I just bought an 1969 Dodge Chager!!!

Started by GordonGriggs, June 26, 2011, 01:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonGriggs

I just got back with the 69 Charger I found on craigslist. It was about 50 miles north of where I live. Its a 383 4 speed car. Black interiorManual brakes, and Manual steering. No A/C.
It was $12,000. Its driver quality. It was painted about 4 years ago and it has a few small places in the paint where it's bubbling, and has a few scratche's.  It runs but needs a ?(forgot name) bearing in the transmission, and has a fuel problem where carb will just run out of gas while driving. Lots of small things need fixing. But at least I have something to work with now. Eventually Im gonna turn it into a Dirty Marry, Crazy Larry Clone. But while my savings account heals itself. Im just going to be fixing the low budget problems.
Lots of extra parts inside so I have to clean out the interior before I take any inside photo's.

Charger-Bodie

Looks like a decent start to me. Congrats
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

flmopars

billssuperbird

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice ride.....register when you can!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

drifter69

I would say you made out there from the pics you have shown. Looks like a good one. :2thumbs:

bakerhillpins

Wow, missed that one.  :'(  Congratulations on getting yourself a great car.   :2thumbs:  Keep us informed of your progress.

Can you post the craigslist ad? I would be interested in knowing where it was.

Don't forget to register the car:
http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

nvrbdn

congrats on the great find. id fix her up and cruise it for a while :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

68RT4ME

Welcome to a fellow '69 owner. Big congrats on your new ride. Looks like a nice one.  :cheers:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Piston_Freddy

That's great that you are gonna make it in to a DMCL clone and not some stupid pro touring! :2thumbs:
Max rim size:15"

kokxville

Great find,i just bought a 69 R/T 4 speed  :2thumbs:
Enjoy your car
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

1968_Charger

was that for sale in va by any chance? thought i saw it on there. looks like a good buy  :2thumbs: if you want to trade your 4 speed stuff for auto let me know  ;D

leeandgrant

1968 318 Charger
1969 440 General Lee
1970 440/4speed Super Bee clone Project
1968 383 Charger project
1969 charger parts car
1977 Plymouth Trailduster
2003 Dodge Hemi Ram
2009 Dodge Charger Super Bee SRT
2000 Dodge dually diesel

GordonGriggs

Thanks for all the postive feedback.  ;)

The car was listed on the Richmond VA craigslist late Friday. I went to see the car Saturday and was going to buy it then but he could not find the title. He found it Late Saturday but by then it was getting dark and I don't like loading cars in the dark. So I just went back today and bought it.

I cleaned the car out and took a few photo's of the inside. The front seats have been recovered. The were new covers for the back seats in the trunk and Ill put them eventually. But the back seats don't really look bad for their age. I just need to get a lock for the glove compartment door because it will not stay shut. I really have to get a radio to fill in the empty hole in the dash :D.

GordonGriggs

383 engine for going very fast, or very slow depending on your driving abilities

GordonGriggs

No radio!? :icon_smile_dissapprove: But! 4 forward gears, and 1 reverse gear for your driving pleasure's  ;).

GordonGriggs

Back seats for sitting, and other thing's I won't mention here  :nana:

bakerhillpins

Is that an OE steering wheel with a aftermarket horn cover? It looks like a recall wheel.  :scratchchin:

Looks like you have a nice car to work with. Almost looks like a copper color paint in that engine bay? What was it's original color combination?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

69bronzeT5

Very nice!!! Good luck with the project! $12,000 is a good deal!!!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1968_Charger

just a suggestion on the glove box lock, the little bar that the lock catches may need to be adjusted, mine wouldnt stay shut and that was the problem. just loosen the screws and try it in a different location.  and id say you got a heck of a deal there for $12,000. so do you live in va, if so what area?

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Looking good Gordon... Those 383 4-speed cars are pretty cool... Now, paint that taillamp panel black like it should be, that should be a relatively easy and cheap fix to original look........   :icon_smile_big:

I like your idea of a Dirty Mary/Crazy Larry paint scheme.....    :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection