News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl Softening

Started by runningman, May 25, 2011, 11:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

My vinyl pad covering my ashtray (68 Charger) was hard as a rock so I did some research online and found a product by Leather Magic that was supposed to soften vinyl.  I was skeptical but bought it anyway.  It really did an amazing job of softening and cleaning it up.  I'm gonna try it on the upper door pads and see how they turn out.  I ended up giving it a nice thick coating and covering with plastic wrap for a couple of days to let it really do it's thing.  If anyone has a problem with their vinyl trim you may want to give it a try.  Now I need to try and reattach the vinyl pad on the ashtray at the bottom where people were pulling on it.  I was thinking of trying to inject some epoxy in it where the foam has come apart...any other ideas??  Thanks

Matt

SG1022

Can't wait to hear about the door panels. I might try using some on my seats, maybe it will stop them from cracking.  :2thumbs:

HANDM

Sounds like some stuff I need to try  :cheers:

As for the seperation of the pad, I used some gorilla glue and it worked great. The GG foams up and really adhered well to all the loose crap and filled in the missing foam.....

runningman

Just regular gorilla glue?  I may try that.  I'll post an update of the door panels soon.

SG1022

BigBlackDodge

He probably had trouble getting the glue from the gorilla... :shruggy:

BBD