News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paging Andy74

Started by Orange_Crush, January 11, 2006, 10:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange_Crush

Do you still work at a Dodge dealership?
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

andy74

hey, yes i do,www.valsdodge.com-whats up?

Orange_Crush

What's the story on buying Charger cop cars?  There are more than a couple of people over on Moparts who'd be interested in getting one.  Some dealership in Michigan (I believe) as them fleet (5 or more) priced at 24,900.00 (more or less).

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

andy74

ill check it out and get back to you.i am almost positive that in order to get one,you have to have a fleet number,as the cop car charger and magnum arent supposed to be for public use.i have to order a magnum for the local fire department,so i will let you know by the end of the day!

andy74

okay, if you did want one,i can order it.the 24900 ones are sxt type,with a 3.5,steel wheels,and a cloth interior,or optional vinyl rear seat.i also specd a hemi car,and it would retail for in the low 29 range,and i could sell it for 27700.how many do ya want!!

all kidding aside,if you wanted a hemi 06,i can probably sell it for about the same with the rebate,and you would have a nicer interior,etc

Orange_Crush

Quote from: andy74 on January 11, 2006, 10:51:38 AM
okay, if you did want one,i can order it.the 24900 ones are sxt type,with a 3.5,steel wheels,and a cloth interior,or optional vinyl rear seat.i also specd a hemi car,and it would retail for in the low 29 range,and i could sell it for 27700.how many do ya want!!

all kidding aside,if you wanted a hemi 06,i can probably sell it for about the same with the rebate,and you would have a nicer interior,etc

You might want to talk to some of the guys in this thread.  I gotta finish amortizing my company car before I can buy.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2293197&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

69_500

Is there going to be a difference in the engine with the cop cars? IE more horsepower, or a lower gear ratio? More accurate speedo? Or what?

Orange_Crush

Quote from: 69_500 on January 11, 2006, 10:57:51 AM
Is there going to be a difference in the engine with the cop cars? IE more horsepower, or a lower gear ratio? More accurate speedo? Or what?

The difference is just in the heavy-duty cooling system (oil, radiator, tranny cooler) and (maybe I'm wrong) they are not top-speed governed.

69_500

What is the governor on the new Charger? SRT8, or HEMI R/T, or Daytona?

alenglish

Hi  Andy          Big  Al             
>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

Orange_Crush

Quote from: 69_500 on January 11, 2006, 11:02:37 AM
What is the governor on the new Charger? SRT8, or HEMI R/T, or Daytona?

The R/T and Daytona are ggovernad at (I believe) 118.  The SRT-8 is ungoverned.  I don't know what the top speed is on it, but the top speed on the 300 SRT-8 is 172 MPH (no, that's not a typo).

69_500

So the stock SRT8's don't have a govenor? Where did you get the figure 172 just curious? Was it in a magazine that did a test drive?

Orange_Crush

Quote from: 69_500 on January 11, 2006, 11:34:24 AM
So the stock SRT8's don't have a govenor? Where did you get the figure 172 just curious? Was it in a magazine that did a test drive?

Car & Driver

69_500

I see where they list the new Challenger with the 6.1 as having a top speed of 174 mph.

Heck, no one is going to get one up over 130 or so i'd figure. I mean where do you have that you can really lay the pedal down and not worry about traffic or a ticket?

Shakey

Quote from: 69_500 on January 11, 2006, 03:55:21 PM
I see where they list the new Challenger with the 6.1 as having a top speed of 174 mph.

Heck, no one is going to get one up over 130 or so i'd figure. I mean where do you have that you can really lay the pedal down and not worry about traffic or a ticket?

There is a few stretches of highway between Carlsbad, NM & El Paso, TX where I had the 2005 Mustang I rented from Hertz up to 127mph for at least 2 minutes, just to see what it could do.  I was cruising at 110mph for 4 - 8 minutes at a time.  The land is so flat that you can see for miles ahead.  There are signs saying the area is patrolled by aircraft but.....  There were a couple of times where I would not see another car for 30 minutes at a time.

472 R/T SE

I know of a nice flat stretch about 200 miles east of here that I wanted to take the 'tona clone on to see how it reacted at 100 + mph.

Hello andy74.  A few questions too if I could.  What about the next color for the new Daytona's, I thought what they consider purple and sublime were the next 2 colors for the last 2 quarters.  Do you know anything about that?  No one at my mom's dealership knew anything, they never do.  Now all of a sudden, Daimler rushed the color red in there.

If this is what they consider purple, we'll get one.  But it has to look like this, an SRT.   But unfortunately this is a 'chop, I'm willing to bet.
The 300, while sweet, is too much of a pimp ride for me.  I'd rather get into a car with no residual, makes a lot of sense huh. ::)  We may try to get into a 4 door Viper truck too.

andy74

hi allblue!

as for the colors,half the time allpar and the net sites know before we do!ill let ya know if i find out anything-the prices on the police stuff posted at mopars was all incorrect,but was probably a early published deal.the red was actually not even added to the chrysler ordering site yet,so it could be a rumor,although i doubt it-ill keep everyone posted

472 R/T SE

Thanks for the response man.

So...what's your opinion on the above colored SRT.  A fake?

andy74

gotta be a fake,i was just looking on the order site,nothing about any new colors-i just ordered a couple calibers,they should be kind of neat

Brock Samson

The last guy to chime on here, who claims to work for DCX building the pilot cars, said sublime was the next color...

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Stratocharger on January 14, 2006, 04:06:57 PM
The last guy to chime on here, who claims to work for DCX building the pilot cars, said sublime was the next color...

That's what I heard too.

With the tor-red intro, I guess that wasn't the case (or plans have changes).