News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Center link question

Started by The70RT, November 08, 2008, 01:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

I am assembling the fron suspension. My pics don't give me a definate answer. Now after doing some reserch some look like they mounted it different ways. First pic is my original pic which I cant tell. The second is how I was going to install it with the bend down and back? 3rd. pic is the way back in black did his ( bend down and back)and then Shakey's (down and looks forward) so  :-\
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

These help?

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

The70RT

Those are great. Thanks, I appreciate it.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargerguy111

Every picture i see about how the center link goes on depicts one way and the other 50% another Does anyone even knpw for sure and how is it even working on all these different ways?Im stuck!!!!!!! Can not go any further til I find out.And please be specific.People saying bend down and back could mean anything.

bull

Quote from: chargerguy111 on June 26, 2011, 03:46:50 PM
Every picture i see about how the center link goes on depicts one way and the other 50% another Does anyone even knpw for sure and how is it even working on all these different ways?Im stuck!!!!!!! Can not go any further til I find out.And please be specific.People saying bend down and back could mean anything.

The reason that link is dog-legged is because it needs to clear the oil pan when the wheels are turned all the way one way or the other. The problem with many of the assembled suspension pictures is that the oil pan in not included and so you can't see why the center link needs to be mounted the way it is. But it should be installed down and back, just like Chris's pictures show above (and mine below). If the link were flipped over or turned around it would hit the oil pan when the wheels are turned all the way to the left or right.