News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I know another disc brake question

Started by charger01, June 17, 2011, 03:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

Iam sure this has been covered a million times, but I couldnt find it.  My 69 charger has power drum brakes.  Iam wanting to buy an aftermarket disc kit, but they all seem to offer different pieces.  proportioning valve, booster, spindles are included in some but not others............what all do I actually need to do a quick easy swap?

twodko

You can spend a butt load of money on fancy flashy disc brake systems or just call Master Power Brakes. Tell them what you have and what you want to do. They will sell you a complete disc brake conversion kit that includes everything you need. When I make this change on our 69 I'll buy from MPB. We did this to a 69 Chevelle we resto'd and the system was excellent. Lastly, I wouldn't spend a extra dime on multi piston calipers. One piston calipers are bigger and will stop the car just as well as high priced multi piston calipers.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

modmidget

I used kit #6374SWBK-S from Classic Performance Products.  http://www.classicperform.com/NewProducts/MoparBrakeKits/Mopar_Brake_Kits.htm

The kit works great with my 14" Magnum 500 wheels.  I got my new master cylinder and proportioning valve from from Summit Racing.