News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 383 HP 4spd number matching "barn Find"

Started by Shmity1, June 21, 2011, 06:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

from the interior pic you posted it didn't come with a console ---   looks like it has "buddy seat" brackets to me      :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

six-tee-nine

Right, and the shifter is a non console one. Its not certain this care ever came with a console
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Shmity1

It has some sort of brackets for something.  I assumed it was for a center console but I will have to look at the build sheet.  Thought about putting together a center console but building one from scratch is expensive.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Shmity1 on June 25, 2011, 08:10:27 PM
It has some sort of brackets for something.  I assumed it was for a center console but I will have to look at the build sheet.  Thought about putting together a center console but building one from scratch is expensive.

Buddy seat is way more comfortable.

Looks like Oregon plates, that would explain the lack of rust.  Are you in the NW area?  I'm up here in Vancouver, Wa.

Shmity1

Buddy seat looks cool, might have to go that way.

New pictures!

I am in Oregon City.

Shmity

BananaDan

Nice find!  Make sure to stop over at the 70 Charger Registry and say hi.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com

:2thumbs:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: Shmity1 on June 22, 2011, 01:05:31 PM
Yeah, she is a legit 4spd383 with the 4bl.

Week one and the inside is gutted and starded on the outside.

The only thing she is missing is the center console.

All base 70 xh chargers had bench seats , and to be correct it should have a ball shifter black in color no console. Only R/T's had the pistol grip shifter.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on June 30, 2011, 10:28:20 PM

All base 70 xh chargers had bench seats , and to be correct it should have a ball shifter black in color no console. Only R/T's had the pistol grip shifter.

All big blocks got the pistol grip.

What's a base Charger have to do with this one?

Shmity1, if you'd like, stop by the Pizza Barron 1st Tuesday of every month.  We/Chrysler R/T Club have our meetings there.

http://chryslerrtclub.forumotion.net/
http://chryslerrt-club.com/index.html

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 01, 2011, 05:29:12 PM

All big blocks got the pistol grip.What's a base Charger have to do with this one?

Shmity1, if you'd like, stop by the Pizza Barron 1st Tuesday of every month.  We/Chrysler R/T Club have our meetings there.

WRONG.. :Twocents:

Dodge Don

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 02, 2011, 04:29:28 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 01, 2011, 05:29:12 PM

All big blocks got the pistol grip.What's a base Charger have to do with this one?

Shmity1, if you'd like, stop by the Pizza Barron 1st Tuesday of every month.  We/Chrysler R/T Club have our meetings there.

WRONG.. :Twocents:

No Mike is right....Base model has no bearing on pistol grip which was available on Base and 500 models with big block 383 4BBL and of course R/T with 440, 440 Six Pack or 426 Hemi.

Chris G.

I'm not gonna go chasing rumor starters, but seriously...where did you read or hear that? I really want to know.

UFO

Cool find.
Using a base model ,then adding a few select options gave you a fun ride and the insurance company was happy you didn't buy the performance model(XS-R/T).
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1970/70_Charger0014.jpg

Shmity1

It is a pistol grip, according to all the documents.

Updated images, coming apart nicely.  All the glass is out, and as you can tell the front is missing a few parts.  Back is completely disassembled.

westcoastdodge

I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

Plum Crazy 68

67440chrg

Great find keep the up dates going I watch more than I talk. Have a great day!

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: Chris G. on July 02, 2011, 10:00:45 PM

I'm not gonna go chasing rumor starters, but seriously...where did you read or hear that? I really want to know.

Whoops sorry guys was reading my facts wrong was thinking of 3 spd cars... My bad . But base 70 chargers were BENCH seats only . The 500,r/t's and se's got buckets, and i know that as a fact.

THE CHARGER PUNK

And the 1 other base 70 383 4spd xh i saw had a black ball shifter as the xh base 70's werent performance models due to bence seats ,no upper door pads n bland steering wheels and to my knowledge which isnt as in depth as some people here i thought the pistol grip was a performance shifter?

472 R/T SE

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on July 07, 2011, 01:29:22 AM
And the 1 other base 70 383 4spd xh i saw had a black ball shifter as the xh base 70's werent performance models due to bence seats ,no upper door pads n bland steering wheels and to my knowledge which isnt as in depth as some people here i thought the pistol grip was a performance shifter?

The 4 speed you seen was most likely a 3 speed...and rare one to boot.

Shmity1

This is a 500, 4spd, 383 4bll.

What do you think of this picture?  Original color of my car...

ACUDANUT

FrnkNsteen

Ok,..... Since nobody else will say it Schmity.... I guess I'll have to!!  You Suck!!  :icon_smile_big:

I'm like WAYYY jealous  :drool5: and wish I could stumble across something like that!! Seems to keep happening to all you other lucky guys!!  :'(  :'(
1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback

Brock Samson

that looks more like a Rivera than a charger and be careful there a Zombie gonna try and jump ya when you go to get in your Rivicharger..
Seriously?..  I don't like that shade - i like dark power colors but that's just me.    :shruggy:

Shmity1

I am not much of a green myself.  I am looking at a gunmetal grey or silver with dark overtone.

flyboyedwards

Looks like a nice car!! Welcome to the group!! If you can find the answers from the guys here...........IT DOESN'T EXIST!
Keep the progress up, and as MANY have, and will say............keep the pics coming! WE LOVE CHARGERS HERE!   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :drive: