News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please keep me in your prayers as I'm off!

Started by Afflyer, January 11, 2006, 12:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflyer

I just found out this morning that I've been ordered to deploy a month ahead of schedule, due to a collegue having some family issues to contend with back here at home.  Unfortunately, I probably will not be able to enjoy your company here on this remarkable site, all too often, as I'll be in a place with little access to modern amenities.

Making it worse, I'll be departing this Sunday and I'll miss the big game between my beloved Colts and the Steelers  :flame:.

I'm sure they'll have access in my undisclosed location, to the Superbowl when it comes on, where I can jump up and down giving a shout out to my Colts as they win the Lombardi Trophy this year!!!!  :icon_smile_big:

I'll be verrrrry busy in the next few days, outprocessing the squadron and the like.  I need to make some video recordings of me for my thirteen month old daughter, Rhiannon, so she won't forget me while I'm gone!

All I ask is that you please keep me, my wife Monique and my daughter, Rhiannon, in your prayers, as I'll most definitely be flying into harm's way with every sortie I fly over there.  I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous, as I haven't deployed in five years.

When I used to deploy for three months at a stretch, it was to Germany in support of the Balkans.  I came back home with lots of toys and money.  That was before September 11th.  Going on deployment is a whole different world now- and it ain't fun when you get shot at for real over in "Injun Territory".

If I get an opportunity to get on the web and log on here, you better bet I will.  This site is home for me and I'll miss all of you- o-kay, well MOST of you  :icon_smile_wink:.

Duey, if you read this post- I sure hope to see you over there and for cripes sake- have someone take a pic of us over there in "Injun Territory" so it can be posted here for everyone to see! 

Come find me Duey if you get a chance.  BTW, I sent you a PM.

God bless you one and all.  And God bless America.

Bradley  :patriot:

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Johnny SixPack

Keep safe, Bradley! :cheers:

I appreciate your sacrifices for all of us and our country! :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: formula_440 on January 11, 2006, 12:16:24 AM
Keep safe, Bradley! :cheers:
I appreciate your sacrifices for all of us and our country! :2thumbs:

Here Here!   :cheers:
  Shoot us your address shooter We'll send you something better than Playboy (some MoPar mags) :)

Telvis

You will be in my family prayers. God bless you and bring you home safely. :patriot:

Afflyer

Shoot us your address shooter We'll send you something better than Playboy (some MoPar mags) :)

:boogie:
Awesome!! Hey- how 'bout a bootleg copy of "Dirty Mary Crazy Larry" while you're at it?!  ;)

Bradley   :patriot:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

5.9_Liter_Grand_Cherokee

Sorry, you will miss the game.  and remember you can't park on a carrier (unless you have JATO)
Formerly chargerdaytona477

ChargerBill

Quote from: Afflyer on January 11, 2006, 12:13:01 AM

God bless you one and all.  And God bless America.

Bradley  :patriot:

GOD BLESS YOU BRADLEY!!!! My prayers are with you and your family. Keep in touch if you get the chance and DUCK AND COVER soldier. Come back home to us safe and sound.  :patriot:
Life is a highway...

bull

Chryco Psycho

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

twilt

Take care and be safe.  Still hope the Colts lose though.

nh_mopar_fan

Take care and be safe and please do post an address in here.

Drop Top

My prayers and thoughts go with you. As you know my son is in the Air Force also. But he's on a C-5. So he only goes over there for two weeks at a time. But he has been shot at and had more then a few close calls. He was almost kidnaped once.

I will add you and your family to my prayer list with my son. May God protect you and keep you and yours safe from harm. Thank You for serving for us and this country. We will be wateing to hear of your safe return.

God Bless you and your famliy.

RD

Bradley,
   good luck, God speed and get back home in one piece okay!

RD
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

my73charger

THE COLONEL

God Bless you Bradley.  Thank you for your service.  Take care!! :yesnod:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

4402tuff4u

"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

69pistolgripRT

1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

andy74

be safe,and do us proud Brad-i dont watch football,but i will root for the colts if it helps!

69_500

Take care, and be safe.

I'll miss your comments on the Colts here too. I hope you didn't find any of my comments about them earlier offensive, I was meerly stating an opinion. Still think there are more fair weather fans here in Indy than anywhere else in the country, but that is my opinion.

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

golden73

Stay safe!!! and thank you for what you do  :patriot:

BLAM

Be safe bud, and good luck!  Sounds like you are an aviator so this advice is to totally applicable but I will say it anyway.

Trust no one without the Stars and Stripes on their shoulder and clean your weapon every night!
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up