News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pre oiling breatherfilters?

Started by Belgium R/T -68, June 23, 2011, 02:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Just recieved my order from Summit with calibrationkit for the carb, leaktester and new breathers from K&N. With the breathers there was a small bag of red oil for oiling the filters I presume, how
much do I use? It's only the half of the filters that are visible and therefor can be oiled, is that a problem?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

b5blue

Small spray bottle and hit it with compressed air to spread it out and blow off the extra....(?)  :scratchchin:

bobs66440

Get a can of K&N spray oil. Spray it & wet the filter. When you want to clean it, wash it out with warm soap & water and re-oil it. The can will probably last many years.  :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Since I had to wait 3 weeks for this Summitorder I ain't gonna wait 3 more weeks for some sprayoil, sorry.
What's the reason for the oil? Since half of my breather is covered I can't get oil all over anyway.

Per

bobs66440

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on June 24, 2011, 02:02:12 PM
Since I had to wait 3 weeks for this Summitorder I ain't gonna wait 3 more weeks for some sprayoil, sorry.
What's the reason for the oil? Since half of my breather is covered I can't get oil all over anyway.

Per
You can spray it from the inside also. The oil helps to trap tiny dust particles before they go through the filter. The oil attracts the dust.

randy73

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on June 24, 2011, 02:02:12 PM

Per

Then you better start saving for a rebuild!!!
The oil is what traps most of the small particles, so you could suck dirt, sand, etc...
Being impatient will only cost you more time and money.

FLG

Per,

You should be able to get the oil at a local speed shop if you need more.

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks for the clarification guys. :2thumbs: Now since I don't use a PCV I don't have any draft
which should mean that using the oil that came with the breathers, poring it into the breather and use some airpressure should be sufficient? The oilsmoke coming out of the covers should give the same effect or? :scratchchin:

Per

b5blue