News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holy Cow! I guess 3rd Gens are going up in price!

Started by TruckDriver, January 08, 2006, 09:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

694spdRT

Ask and you shall receive only works on 2nd gens.  ;)

I think the day for the "rare" 3rd gens is coming...20K for a '74 318 automatic SE is a long, long ways off though.  :o
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Paul G

I expected prices to go up on the 3rd gens as soon as the 2nd gen prices became out of reach for the comman Mopar man. My 73 has gone up several thou in book value in the two years I have owned it. I am lucky that the third gen was my favorite. It was afordable when I bought it. Lets see how high it can go.

Yes those people are phishing asking those prices. Although 3 rd gen prices are going up. Get em while there hot!
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

nh_mopar_fan

I think you're confusing "asking price" with "selling price".

Charger_Croatia

I found one 1973 with 400 on eBay-Germany. Price was 18900 EURO = $22850

I guess I'm lucky to have one now, although needs to be restored.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

73dodge

Yessssss!!!!!!!

Now maybe that empty shell in my garage will be worth more restored than it would be if I sold it for scrap!!!!!!!
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

KMPX2

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Charger_Croatia on January 09, 2006, 09:24:18 AM
I found one 1973 with 400 on eBay-Germany. Price was 18900 EURO = $22850

I guess I'm lucky to have one now, although needs to be restored.

that makes me to be more sure about my move to Spain with my car, and sell the car JUST in emergency case of course... somekind of insurace
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

chargervert

I told you before,that your car was a steal , DC! I think four door omnis will be the next big thing! I'm  gonna start collecting them now!

doctorpimp

Holy Crap!!!!!!
My car is a 318 auto from Florida as well.  Didn't pay $20,000 for it though. ;)
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

twilt

most of those prices are just plain stupid, especially 20k for the 318 car.

hemihead

The prices for parts for 3fd gens are more than any other Charger also.  :yesnod:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

twilt

Quote from: hemihead on January 10, 2006, 07:33:27 AM
The prices for parts for 3fd gens are more than any other Charger also.  :yesnod:

i would have to partially disagree with that statement. sure, there is a handful of expensive 3rd gen parts but most of them are low supply high demand items like associated with R/T, super bee, and Rallye models such  rear valances with cut-outs,all styles of bulge hoods, R/T/Rallye tail lights etc etc. common items arent that hard to find nor particularly expensive.   

Nacho-RT74

I know some ppl here and there going crazy about 3rd gen parts prices, new and used,  and that helps on getting higher the Charges also... If you spend more to restore or maintenance you will ask more to sell it of course.

Don't You think ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Bob

There is a car dealer about an hour away from me who sells 3rd generations starting at $13,00.00.  Good thing is, he is selling them. So hang on to them.

Paul G

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 10, 2006, 11:42:43 AM
I know some ppl here and there going crazy about 3rd gen parts prices, new and used,  and that helps on getting higher the Charges also... If you spend more to restore or maintenance you will ask more to sell it of course.

Don't You think ?
I agree completely. I am just glad I already have one. Prices going higher is a good thing for those who already own one.  It means I can continue to improve my car without getting upside down in it. (having more $$ in it that I can sell it for)
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Bob

NADA still has them ranging from $5,125.00 to $18,483.00 depending condition and options.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

andy74

the price on big block stuff seems to really keep going up,but id be pretty hard pressed to get that kind of cash for mine,although i would consider selling for 15,so i could get that damn super bee

Steve P.

The few nice things about buying 318 cars is:
a) they are usually cheaper.
b) the sheet metal is NOT usually twisted or stressed.
c) they are more plentiful

For the guys that have to have big block, R/T, Hemi, Dana, on and on cars you are going to pay the big bucks.. Yes on the other end you should make good money on your cars. But not allllways!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida