News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

horn pad

Started by johnnycharger, June 16, 2011, 08:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycharger

Hi guys,
my horn pad has gotten pretty nasty. Is vinyl spray paint the only way to bring this thing back? I am trying to keep as many of my original parts as possible, but my steering wheel is looking a little rough.

plumbeeper

You may be able to clean it up with some "Super Clean" if it's not too deteriorated. You can recolor it with some interior paint from SEM or Herbs. It looks like it has shrunk and distorted which is typical and not repairable.

I can have you a new one made, in the color of your interior and with a new Dodge emblem. These new caps are better than NOS. You won't have shelf wear and grime from handling over the years, they fit tight against the retainer and they're soft and flexible like your cap was when it was new.

Oh, and I can take care of your wheel for you as well...

Dave
http://www.woodgrainwheels.com
CLICK ABOVE FOR THE BEST MOPAR WOODGRAIN STEERING WHEEL RESTORATIONS

johnnycharger

Hi Dave
Thanks for the info. I went with the SEM. It came out well I think. I am on a tight budget at the moment. I checked out your website and it looks great. That is some nice work you are doing there! I have bookmarked it for when my birthday comes around and the wife asks.....