News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Frame Measurement for 2nd Gen Charger needed (please)

Started by MoparManJim, June 23, 2011, 08:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Hi you all, I been working on my charger, but now I need a measurement. At the tail end, what is the height of the rail? :-\

Troy

How high is the rail itself? The frame rail or the rear cross member? How high off the ground? What specific measurement do you need? If you're looking for the height from the ground to the rail then that will depend on your tires and suspension.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Troy on June 24, 2011, 10:06:20 AM
How high is the rail itself? The frame rail or the rear cross member? How high off the ground? What specific measurement do you need? If you're looking for the height from the ground to the rail then that will depend on your tires and suspension.

Troy

I said rail, what is the height from the top of the tail end of the rail top to the bottom end of the rail? as in straight up and down.   :lol:

Now to answer your other question that was in asked to me in the other, I posted it there as well because that area gets hits more and people goes there more as well and stuff in there gets seen more too. So I thought maybe someone could help me faster with a answer if I had posted in there as well. I also apologized for it as well in my post. 

All I need is the info on how tall the rear frame rail itself is at the tail end area. I know about the wheel height deal also but thanks for letting me know on that. 

Sorry if I caused any problems.   

Troy

Well, yeah, but if everyone posted all their tech questions in the main area of the site it would quickly become unmanageable and there'd be no need to have any other areas. It makes it incredibly hard for others to find the answer if they have the same question. The people who do consistently read the tech areas also tend to actually know the answer so, while it may take slightly longer, the information will probably be more accurate.

I don't know the exact height of the rail - but I can measure a couple of mine. Is yours squished?

Troy

MoparManJim

Quote from: Troy on June 24, 2011, 03:29:06 PM
Well, yeah, but if everyone posted all their tech questions in the main area of the site it would quickly become unmanageable and there'd be no need to have any other areas. It makes it incredibly hard for others to find the answer if they have the same question. The people who do consistently read the tech areas also tend to actually know the answer so, while it may take slightly longer, the information will probably be more accurate.

I don't know the exact height of the rail - but I can measure a couple of mine. Is yours squished?

Troy

Well I do apologize once again.  

Mine is missing  :lol:, at the tail end area. Both sides are just like the cross member is. That was why I was asking as I'm going to fab them up. But I need info though.  

If you can measure yours, that would be of some help here man. Thanks :cheers:

MoparManJim

I should have also asked for the small shackle mount front arm measurement height as well. I just remembered that.  :brickwall:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Pictures of exactly the measurements you are looking for would help as well
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MoparManJim

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 25, 2011, 07:58:52 PM

How many times do I have to repeat myself?  :brickwall: 

I asked a simple question..

At the tail end of the rear frame rail, "where" the cross member is located at. That tail end of the rear of the frame rail, "what" is the height of the frame rail there? not the cross member but the frame rail.

On the shackle mount, how many forward "small" arms does a 2nd gen charger have? I always thought they only had one on both sides of the charger. What is the measurement of the height where the shackle connects to the arm. As in the small area. 

Man, I didn't know getting two measurements would be this hard. By the time I do get the info I will probably have the car done.  :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: MoparManJim on June 25, 2011, 08:18:33 PM

How many times do I have to repeat myself?  :brickwall:  

At the tail end of the rear frame rail, "where" the cross member is located at. That tail end of the rear of the frame rail, "what" is the height of the frame rail there? not the cross member but the frame rail.

On the shackle mount, how many forward "small" arms does a 2nd gen charger have? I always thought they only had one on both sides of the charger. What is the measurement of the height where the shackle connects to the arm. As in the small area.  

Man, I didn't know getting two measurements would be this hard. By the time I do get the info I will probably have the car done.  :lol: :lol: :lol:  

You take 5 billion pics of your friggin models......

How about a pic of your REAL car if you REALLY want help?

If not, then you can repeat yourself till the friggin cows come home

Good luck pal :slap:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MoparManJim

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 25, 2011, 08:23:52 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on June 25, 2011, 08:18:33 PM

How many times do I have to repeat myself?  :brickwall:  

Man, I didn't know getting two measurements would be this hard. By the time I do get the info I will probably have the car done.  :lol: :lol: :lol:  

You take 5 billion pics of your friggin models......

How about a pic of your REAL car if you REALLY want help?

If not, then you can repeat yourself till the friggin cows come home

Good luck pal :slap:

Sorry I even ask a simple question. I ask for two simple measurements and I get all this.  

RallyeMike

My rail is 37 inches right now, but it's also on jack stands so that might not be helpful.

Can you measure off a 1/25 model kit and multiply by 25 ?

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

FLG

Jim,

You ask for help than get frustrated/upset when people need you to better explain or even better, take a picture of what you actually need. We all know your capable of taking pics and posting them up so you take one, open it in paint, and draw a little arrow at what your exactly looking for.

MoparManJim

Quote from: FLG on June 26, 2011, 02:46:16 AM
Jim,

You ask for help than get frustrated/upset when people need you to better explain or even better, take a picture of what you actually need. We all know your capable of taking pics and posting them up so you take one, open it in paint, and draw a little arrow at what your exactly looking for.

Frank, how in the heck can I take a photo of something that I need on my car "b]when my car doesn't even have it[/b]? That is why I am asking. So you see when you look at it and think about it. It kinda circles itself. I can't post a photo of the area that isn't there yet. and Besides, I thought I made myself quite clear on the explanation on what I needed already afew times on what locations. Is that info that hard to really understand. All I need is the measurements of the tail end the tail end of the rear frame rail that the rear cross member attaches to, I just need the measurement of the tail end of the frame rail, not from the ground to the rail, just the bottom of the rail to the top of the rail. Is that a hard question. No. Then all asked was for measurements of the forward arm of the shackle mount that the shackle mounts to. From all the photos I have seen, there is only one small forward arm coming off the frame rail that the shackle rests on. I asked for the measurement of the area where the shackle mounts to on the small arm. Yet I get all the grief. Two simple questions.. and yet no one can answer them, they need this or that just for two simple questions  ::)  

The reason why I am frustrated is, all week long I been getting slammed by friends online an off line, how would you feel.  

FLG

That's the thing jim, we know what's supposed to be there. For example, there's many holes in our firewalls for wiring, cables...etc if I'm rebuilding my car and I take a picture of it and say "what goes here" chancces are in a few hrs someone will tell me. If its not there on your car and you take a picture...well know what's supposed to be there and thus be able to give you assistance.

Troy

Well, my cars are in my garage and my garage is not at my house. Had to go to a birthday party yesterday so I finally got to them today.

There is a bracket mounted to the bottom of that part of the frame rail so it's toughbto get to. With the tape measure pushed against the flange at the top of the rail it is 4.5" to the bottom of the bracket. The bracket is approximately 1/8" thick.

The front spring hanger bracket is 4.5" tall with the tape measure hanging over the top.

I took pictures but I'm posting from my phone.

Troy

MoparManJim

I had to locate a photo online with all the stuff. I circled the areas I am asking for measurements on. Now if you will go back and read "what" I said and then look at this photo, you will notice every word I said matches up to the photo.  

Better, yet, How or what is the height of the rear cross member? I ask that sense the dang rear frame rail mounts to it flush. If I get the answer to that then I will also have the measurement for the tail end of the frame rail as well.  

Troy said it's 4.5 inches where the shackle forwards arm mounts to the frame rail. But I know in the back of the frame rail it does get alittle higher, that is the area I am asking about.

Troy

Well, I answered one of those. I obviously had no idea what you were asking about for the second one as I actually measured the front shackle mount height. Maybe next time...

Troy

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: MoparManJim on June 26, 2011, 06:05:46 PM
Okay for the people crying for photos of the areas, I had to locate a photo online with all the stuff. I circled the areas I am asking for measurements on. Now if you will go back and read "what" I said and then look at this photo, you will notice every word I said matches up to the photo. But yet I had to repeat myself afew times though when it's all clear as to what I am asking about.  

Better, yet to save all the dang aggney, How or what is the height of the rear cross member? I ask that sense the dang rear frame rail mounts to it flush. If I get the answer to that then I will also have the measurement for the tail end of the frame rail as well.  

Troy said it's 4.5 inches where the shackle forwards arm mounts to the frame rail. But I know in the back of the frame rail it does get alittle higher, that is the area I am asking about.

Troy, you are a better man than me....

Jim you are a jackass.  Go back & re-read your posts.....who would want to bother to crawl under their car to answer a guy with an attitude like that?  :slap:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MoparManJim

I also wanted to take this time to say "thank you" to Troy for taking time out to help me out here with some info. Troy, those measurements that you posted, did help more then you know man.

The other parts I think I can guess work on with just the measurements Troy posted. 

Thanks again Troy  :cheers: