News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what do you guys paint your rear frame with?

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, June 12, 2011, 11:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

im doing the trunk pans over and i figured while its open i might as well paint the rear frame rails and rear end. i wire wheeled most of it yesterday. i was gonna get back to it today but the gf has a kid free day so looks like no charger today.

i was thinking of just shooting it with some black rattle can paint or maybe por-15. im trying to wrap that area up and make sure its done right so i wont ever have to touch it again.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

AirborneSilva

The70RT

I would just seal it in with some black enamel and hit it with some 3M undercoating.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ryan

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

NHCharger

I used SEM rust inhibitor inside and outside the frame rails. Then coated the insides of the rails with rubberized undercoating before installing the trunk pan. I plan on spraying the entire underside of the trunk area with undercoating before I install the gas tank.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Chatt69chgr

sandblast frame rails.  then epoxy prime.  Internal frame coating from Eastwood might be a good bet if you can't get inside the frame rails.

HOTROD

Rust-Oleum semi glos Black I am using it on mine and I used it on my other car and has been on it for 15 years -and it sits out side - cheep and easy I also bought a can of the Eastwood to to try -Works for me!  :2thumbs: :shruggy:
What the Hell-Dumass !